As a Closer working for Taylor Morrison you be responsible for the day to day pipeline management and closing of Taylor Morrison Home Funding loans. The position requires a thorough knowledge of all closing guidelines as well as the thorough knowledge of all processes and procedures of investors utilized by Taylor Morrison Home Funding in association with the closing of loans.
The goals of this position are to provide a seamless transaction to borrower and builder, achieve customer satisfaction levels as evidenced by surveys, and to close loans in accordance with Best Practices and ensure that loans in their pipelines are closed accurately and expeditiously.
We trust that as a Closer: (responsibilities)
- Monitor daily Closing Recon report to ensure that Closing Department policies and procedures are being followed regarding timelines expected for Closing Dept. emails going out, file reviews and closing documents going to title
- Achieve proficiency in all document preparation systems utilized
- Consistently utilize all portions of the Closing Compliance and File Audit Checklist during each step of the closing/funding process
- Effectively communicate with builder, borrowers, title and co-workers in a professional and positive manner
- Accurately review HUD-1 Settlement Statements
- Order wires on closing transactions in a timely fashion so funds reach the closing agent on the day of closing
- Responsible for reviewing all signed funding documents sent from the closing agent and confirming all “at closing” conditions on the final loan approval have been met prior to issuing the funding number
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Quick Learner
- Sense of Urgency
- 4 years' experience working in a professional environment or college degree in lieu of experience
- Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal skills and basic computer skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
- A team player with a positive attitude who constructively contributes to the goals of the department
- Mortgage or title experience preferred, but not required
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply on company website