This position will be part of our IT Operations team, operating in a converged IP environment who are responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization, and maintenance of the enterprise network and IT infrastructure. The candidate is expected to act as a senior network engineer on various technical projects including but not limited to infrastructure consolidation and integration, architecture redesigns and updates, as well as routine security related operational responsibilities.
We trust that as the Senior Network Engineer you will: (responsibilities)
- Train and mentor less experienced team members
- Ensure healthy and reliable disaster recovery. Microsoft Hyper-v and Veeam Backup
- Maintain Active Directory including DFS, DNS, DHCP, WINS and Group policy.
- Maintain server infrastructure: HP Blades and Microsoft Hyper-v
- Maintain network infrastructure: Cisco, MPLS, ENLan
- Maintain storage infrastructure: HP, NetApp
- Maintain application infrastructure: Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Hyper-v, Progress, Newstar, Newstar Sales, SharePoint, Onbase, Hyperion, FDM, CRM
- Maintain .com web infrastructure: SiteCore
- Respond to alerts from Servers and Network Devices
- Resolve issues remotely as much as possible
- Travel to all North America Divisions as needed
- Write scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- On call / weekend support as needed
- Be available 24/7 as needed
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma minimum with an Associates Degree or Technical Diploma or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years minimum related experience with 7+ years preferred
- Preferred certifications in MCSE, CCNA, and CCIE
- Willing to occasionally local and overnight travel
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network infrastructure integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments.
- Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise and customer network infrastructure, with a focus on assuring stability, capacity and organizational productivity. The network is a converged IP network carrying data, voice and video with a variety security applications/services , web content filtering and nextgen firewall devices.
- Provide advanced application level support for the resolution of network related requests.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed network infrastructure across multiple data centers.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to network infrastructure.
- Works closely with Datacenter Manager to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze performance metrics, establish and enforce service level agreements.
- Document engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of network designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging networking technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations to IT Operations Team.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks. Possess superior written and oral communication skills. Solid vendor management skills are required. Position may require occasional travel to other Taylor Morrison locations throughout the continental U.S.
This position is will require occasional after- hours, weekend and holiday work. Successful candidate must be flexible, with the ability to work independently as a project lead, part of the team or individual basis.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply on company website