Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
TD Insurance (TDI) is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the ‘accidents of life' with a wide range of products including TD Protection Plan, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top Home and Auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated, and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.
The Acquisition and Sales Enablement team within TDI's Mortgage Protection (MP) Product Team is responsible for developing and executing strategies and solutions with the objective of ensuring our customers are protected, while maximizing our sales performance and meeting business objectives by increase sales & conversation capabilities.
At TDI, our vision to be the most trusted Insurer in Canada is founded in delivering legendary customer experience and earning the trust and loyalty of our customers with each interaction. As a trusted Mortgage Protection Specialist, you will have the opportunity to help protect the financial well being of our customers, reach personal development goals and support our Branch colleagues to do more for our customers.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be responsible for providing direct Protection Plan sales support to Branch leaders, advisors, and customers in our key markets. To be successful, you must be skilled and knowledgeable on TD Protection products, Branch Sales process, and be able to provide accurate and up-to-date information and ongoing support to our Branch colleagues. As a trusted advisor your primary goal will be to help customers discover their need for Credit Protection, inform and educate them on Protection Plans and Coverage options. As a business developer, you will engage in key prospecting activities such as lead generation, phone outreach, centre of influence and community development, and TD partner engagement. As an influencer, building relationships, creating value, and coaching peers comes naturally to you. You are a dynamic and dedicated professional who will find the right Protection solutions for your customers every time.
- Provide exceptional Protection expertise at every customer interaction
- Prospect, identify and onboard new TD Protection customers by using effective sales techniques and using discovery and triage, including discovery delivered through specifically designed tools and resources (i.e. PAT)
- Deepen borrowing relationships with TD customers by offering Protection solutions across portfolio of borrowing products
- Contribute to the achievement of TD LEI goals by modelling LEI attributes and behaviours while strengthening customer loyalty
- Communicate in a clear and understandable manner, keeping pace with the customer, speaking clearly; verifying customer understanding and agreement as appropriate
- Build and maintain expert knowledge of the markets and our products and services to be able to effectively and efficiently assist our customers
- Possess comprehensive understanding of the local market, competitor offers, and economic/environmental trends that influence customer decisions
- Exercise strong judgement to deliver mobile-based customer interactions/experience
- Ensure proper handling of any issues/complaints using the TD Customer Problem Resolution process
Team Dedication & Support
- Report to Area Manager with ability and adaptability to work independently and remotely
- Participate fully as a team member and contribute to a positive and professional work
- environment by actively participating in all coaching, training, campaigns and huddles
- Educate Branch leaders and advisors by delivering/facilitating presentations, attending joint coaching sessions with Branch Managers & CP RM to support confident TD Protection Plan conversations
- Proactively participate & provide field insight & best practices during the development and execution of acquisition and sales support campaigns, initiatives and strategies.
- Act as the subject matter expert for TD Protection Plans
- Be the voice of our channel by soliciting their feedback and sharing it with the appropriate TDI business unit(s)
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline TD Protection procedures/processes within the Branch ales process
- Share expertise, relevant information and any changes discovered in daily interactions
- Lead by example by positively building and maintaining the morale, motivation and top performance of the team by consistently exemplifying open, respectful and timely interactions with customers, colleagues and support areas
- Maintain proactive contact with Key Branches and their customers for the purpose of providing expert Protection Plan advice, upskilling the MMS, and achieving improved business results
- Follow a disciplined sales plan to accelerate profitable revenue growth and enthusiastically explore and secure new business development opportunities
- Use TD lead generation tools for existing clients and prospect for net new clients and customer discovery meetings
- Employ excellence in sales management practices, with emphasis on pipeline success
- Actively participate in local TD marketing and community events to gain new opportunities for TD
- Maximize growth through positive relationships with assigned Branches by partnering with District Vice Presidents, District Leads, Branch teams, and other channel partners to achieve growth targets
- Partner with other non-branch TD sales teams (Mobile Mortgage Specialists, Mobile Advisors, Everyday Banking, and more) to find opportunities for growth
- Keep current on all Bank product offerings, comparing, assessing and differentiating with competitor offers
Internal Practices & Processes
- Demonstrate operational excellence through adherence to all TD compliance functions
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Bank and industry conduct codes and regulations
- Understand and apply Bank/Branch operating policies and procedures
- Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all customer transactions
- Sales Leadership experience (i.e. MMS, FA, MCE, ABM, RIS, SBB) and relevant experience managing relationships
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website