Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it.
- Ability to Lead the Development team on Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Work with a development and business team to ideate software solutions
- Develop responsive web design following designer mock-ups and wireframes
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
- Server management and deployment
- Proficiency with Git, Jenkins, JBoss, Apache, Splunk
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when designing solutions.
- Key player for code reviews, documentation and sprint planning
CUSTOMER: Responsible for analyzing a broad range of business requirements, conducting program / system research and analysis to identify key components for solutions delivery and problem resolution
• Develop new applications and perform unit / component test for new application development initiatives aligned to business needs and in accordance with technology architecture standards
• Ensure effective communication of solutions development requirements for respective area and contribute to project plans, estimations, timelines and status updates to support management team / clients on prioritizing new and existing projects against IT requirements and business objectives
• Inform key stakeholders of any issues that may impact other areas of the project and resolve or escalate issues as required
• Support business enquiries and business activities through execution of small enhancements and break / fix implementations (e.g. source code changes)
• Work with Business Analysts / Systems Analysts, other technology Developers / Solution Designers to ensure the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals
SHAREHOLDER: Create and maintain quality code, ensure defect free programming consistent with standards; provide code maintenance and support during testing cycles and post-production deployment and participate in reviewing peer coding
• Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
• Participate in identifying and recommending development / testing solutions / tools in support of project / application objectives
• Completes unit and integration testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications
• Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines by participating in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis
• Assist in the development / maintenance of comprehensive processes for prevention of issues and participate in problem determination and timely resolution of incidents applying appropriate quality measures
• Perform Systems Administration of applications / environments supported by the LOB, monitor application / service performance, perform configuration, backup, authentication & tuning
• Ensure both state-of-health monitoring and monthly SLA targets are in place, and are being met
• Provide technical expertise during Incident management, analyze incident reports and outages, perform impact assessment for incidents and facilitate internal and external communication throughout incident resolution.
- 5 years (minimum) working experience with Cobol, DB2, JCL, Endevor, CA7/Scheduling
- 1-2 years (minimum) working knowledge/experience with IMS DB/DC
- 2 years (minimum) working experience, leading design and development on mid to large scale projects
- Sound experience with providing DCUT (design, code, and unit test) estimates on new work requests/intakes
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Candidate must be a self-starter (take ownership), and possess a keen attention to detail
- Ability to delve into coding when needed to perform deep technical analysis, work in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders to drive out delivery of sound solutions – i.e. architecture / Business Analysts / Quality Engineering (Testing) teams is a must have; must be agile, and quick learner
- 2-3 years of work experience on Agile projects; and familiarity working in waterfall (SDLC) projects would be an asset
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel
- Additional working experience with design/development/deployment/usage of distributed technologies (e.g. Oracle, Java, Bitbucket, GIT, Linux/Unix Shell scripting, Autosys), would be an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website