Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Department Overview :
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Customer Platform and Enterprise Technology Enablement is driven by the vision to create an integrated, seamless, effortless and legendary customer and client experience for TD Bank, TD Canada Trust, TD Insurance and TD Wealth Management across all channels (ATM, Mobile, Online, Phone, Branch, and Stores). Specifically, the Servicing Platform team focuses on the day-to-day financial functions the customer and employee perform and enables them across the Mobile, Digital, and Assisted Channels.
The Business Bank Servicing Transformation includes building out a digital platform that serves the day-to-day banking needs of business customers (from small proprietary owners to large corporations). The end-users of this platform will include our internal staff, our external customers and third party users. With a range of functions including: authentication, entitlements, payments, cash management, accounting, invoicing, and advice capabilities. This transformation is on its 2nd year with the foundation laid. The focus over the next few years is to add capabilities rapidly and migrate users.
The successful candidate will contribute to the overall front-end development, helping to drive the vision on how the web application (Angular) is written and coaching more junior developers to design, build, and implement an application that is secure, performant and easy to maintain, while meeting the business's requirements. The candidate will work with multiple lines of business partners to gather requirements as input to the system design, creating a single page application that brings the design requirements to life, in small, rapid iterative releases. The candidate will also drive the implementation of a framework of UI code components to promote reusable assets across the projects and platform. The candidate must have the ability to leverage their background in SDLC to drive out and deliver a robust solution, while clearly communicating status and issues to stakeholders.
Key accountabilities are:
- Responsible for developing key technical aspects of project from inception through to deployment.
- Participate in analysis and grooming sessions.
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions.
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager/Scrum Master for development effort
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments.
- May lead code reviews.
- Build and test automation for dev ops processes, to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior developers.
- Knowledge transfer within group
- Assist in deployment and blueprinting processes.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon completion of contract term.
- Clear leadership experience
- Minimum 10 years application development experience.
- Extensive experience in distributed systems development using JavaEE
- Problem Solving: knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Strong technical leadership
- Experience in building and supporting Highly Available Enterprise Applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge on the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experienced in release and change management processes
- Self-motivated with delivery focus and able to work at all levels if the organization
- Must be able to work under pressure with changing priorities
- Agile (Scrum) project experience
- Continuous Integration and DevOps experience
- Cloud experience is an asset (Azure and AKS)
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website