Job Description Overview: TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, financial sponsor and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo.
At TD Securities, the Syndicated and Leveraged Finance function is an integral part of the full suite of services we offer under Investment Banking. Our Investment Banking professionals provide corporate clients with capital markets and banking advice and transaction execution.
TD Securities offers its U.S-based employees the advantage of working in a highly focused boutique-type operation, while being part of a major global investment dealer. Confidence in our U.S. operations systems stems from the recognition of our in-depth industry knowledge and from our outstanding credit, structuring, research and distribution capabilities.
At TD Securities, you will learn the financing business and gain a competitive advantage of your own. You will be exposed to a wide variety of clients, industries, financing structures and products. You will also work in a team environment, honing the credit and investment banking skills necessary to be a successful investment banker today.
POSITION: Investment Banking Summer Analyst – Syndicated and Leveraged Finance Group
Summer Analysts work with a group of experienced professionals as they pitch, advise and execute. Working under the overall direction of senior bankers you will be assigned to transactions, you will stick with the clients and the deals as they move, for example, from a bridge loan to a debt issue or advisory mandate.
In this capacity you will:
• Research and analyze clients' financial situations, industry and market data, debt financing and merger and acquisition opportunities;
• Value private and public companies using various methodologies;
• Create financing models to project a client's ability to pay off bank debt;
• Assist with client negotiations and credit documentation;
• Prepare external client proposals and internal underwriting memos; and
• Support creation of client presentations. Job Requirements Summer Analysts come from a variety of educational backgrounds; however, a major or significant coursework in a business-related field is required, along with a combination of strong financial/analytical skills and excellent verbal and written communication abilities. Successful candidates must have the capacity to become adept at financial modeling and be able to work effectively in a team environment. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply on company website