Psychiatry Opportunity (Academicsin Texas)
TTUHSC El Paso - Transmountain and Tenet Healthcare have collaborated and builta new, 106 bed teaching hospital andacademic medical office building in west El Paso. As part of this collaboration, TTUHSC El Pasois establishing anew Psychiatry residency program within the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Pasoat an academic rank commensurate with qualifications. The candidate will provide outpatient psychiatric care, supervise / teach residents and medical students from the school of medicine. The candidate will participate in committees,and/or scholarly activities within the Department, Medical School and University.
Contributes to the universitys mission through teaching and service, some variation by academic unit
- Provides consultations for medical inpatients and provides direct outpatient psychiatric care
- Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges and third party payer enrollments in good standing
- Supervises and teaches residents and medical students
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities in the department
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship program
- Experience in educational or departmental leadership
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or higher
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan.
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Board certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Psychiatry
About El Paso
El Paso has been ranked one of the 50 Safest Metro Cities in America 2017 by the SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theatre, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
Experience the personally rewarding practice of medicine, in a city that is reborn.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran
Psychiatry Opportunity (Academics in Texas)TTUHSC El Paso - Transmountain and Tenet Healthcare have collaborated and bui...
Apply on company website