Tenet Healthcare, in collaboration with Desert Care Network seek to identify a well-qualified BC/BE Psychiatrist for a unique opportunity which promises to deliver in practice diversity, career growth, and lifestyle. Physician vacancy on account of a retirement thus position can be available immediately; 2020 Residents are strongly encouraged to inquire for this or an additional position.
Desert Regional Medical Center, a GME certified teaching hospital offering four accredited residency programs including EM, IM, Neuro, and Neuro-Surgery. Teaching aspect involves block schedule rotations of Internal Medicine and Neurology residents.
Inpatient and ED consults required, and there would be an opportunity to establish outpatient behavioral health clinic on hospital campus for follow up care. There are no in-patient Psychiatric beds in the hospital; closest transferring facility is in Riverside, CA. Arcata Health will be establishing a brand new 85-bed behavioral health inpatient facility slated to open in 2021. Tenet Health will support and collaborate with Arcata Health in this endeavor
Additional Practice Features:
- Employment benefits: Salary plus RVU incentives; family health benefits; CME; PTO; 401k; & more
- Procured liability insurance, sign-on bonus, plus paid relocation expenses
- Mon-Fri 8-hour days, no weekend clinic
- Educate IM & Neurology Residents in behavioral health consults
- Academic appointment in a collegial teaching environment
- Professionally managed administrative practice responsibilities; 1:1 MA support
About the Community:
Palm Springs, CA is famously known as a desert resort city. Located in Southern California, it is just over 100 miles east of Los Angeles in the West Coachella Valley. This picturesque desert with palm tree lined streets, shadowed by the majestic San Jacinto Mountains, offers year-round sunshine, an abundance of amenities such as high-end shopping, fine dining, theater, and live music. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy world-class golf and tennis. Nearby, Big Bear Mountain offers ski resorts, hiking, and climbing. Once known as a retirement and winter vacation destination, the Coachella Valley has attracted many young families and is home to approximately 600,000 residents. It continues to be one of the fastest growing areas in California.
About the hospital:
- Founded in 1948, Desert Regional Medical Center is operated by Tenet Health
- The 385-bed tertiary acute care hospital is a designate Lev II Trauma Center
- Over 300 active physicians on staff represent over 40 medical specialties
- Core service lines: cardiology; orthopedics; neurosciences; neonatal services, and oncology.
- Recognizes services: Comprehensive Cancer Center; Neonatal unit; advanced certification by Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke and Cardiac Center; certified programs in spine surgery and hip and knee replacement and a dedicated Neuro-intensive care unit
- GME Department offers four accredited residency programs (Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Neurological Surgery).
Qualifications: BC/BE in Psychiatry. The Ideal candidate will have some residency/teaching experience but upcoming graduating graduated resident are encouraged to apply to start in July. This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
Tenet Healthcare, in collaboration with Desert Care Network seek to identify a well-qualified BC/BE Psychiatrist for a unique opportunity which ...
Apply on company website