Title: Human Resources Representative
Type: Full Time
Function: Human Resources
Top Level Division: Powertrain
Division: PT - Pistons
Location: Manitowoc, WI, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The new Tenneco has formed from the combination of Tenneco Clean Air and Federal-Mogul Powertrain, bringing together more than a century of innovation to serve light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway and large engine OE customers worldwide. By building more efficient, more powerful and more sophisticated powertrain systems, Tenneco's engineered solutions improve fuel economy and power output, and reduce criteria pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Human Resources Representative for our Manitowoc, Wisconsin plant to support our Powertrain – Pistons business unit. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following: compensation and benefits, training, employee and labor relations, safety and staffing. Our top candidate will have human resources experience within a manufacturing plant environment.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Assists in plant and office Human Resource activities such as employment, problem solving, safety, policy administration, working conditions, employee relations, and other various HR activities
- Responsible for weekly processing of payroll for hourly employees.
- Supports employment activities such as recruiting, interviewing, testing and selection of individuals.
- Administers employee fringe benefits and service programs such as group insurance, workers compensation, 401(k) programs, ADA, short term disability, etc.
- Provides employee relations support on a day-to-day basis, administer the employee handbook, advise supervisors in employee relations matters and resolve employee issues while ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and equitably
- Coordinates employee training functions, in-house as well as external training, for employee career development, including assessment of the skill level of existing hourly employees and the implementation of training to reach the level required to produce a quality product in a cost effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- At least five years of experience in human resources.
- At least two years of experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website