Title: Plant Human Resources Manager
Type: Full Time
Function: Human Resources
Top Level Division: Clean Air
Division: Clean Air - NA
Location: Marshall, MI / US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The new Tenneco has formed from the combination of Tenneco Clean Air and Federal-Mogul Powertrain, bringing together more than a century of innovation to serve light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway and large engine OE customers worldwide. By building more efficient, more powerful and more sophisticated powertrain systems, Tenneco's engineered solutions improve fuel economy and power output, and reduce criteria pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Plant HR Manager for our Marshall, Michigan plant to support our Clean Air business unit. In this role, you will become a valued member of both the plant management and HR functional management teams. An ideal candidate will have Plant HR management experience, with the ability to mentor, coach and drive change along with the local management team. In addition, they would have experience with recruitment, compensation & benefits administration, performance appraisal management, regulatory compliance, and positive employee relations.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Administers wage and salary programs using corporate procedures and controls.
- Recruits, screens and recommends placement of hourly and salary personnel assuring that qualified employees are hired possessing the necessary attributes and skills for future requirements.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including managing understaffed situations, conflict resolution, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Administers Group Insurance, Pension Programs, FMLA, Service Awards, Short Term/Long Term disability, Life Insurance, 401K, sickness and accident insurance and other benefit programs.
- Aids in the development of safety policies and programs within corporate guidelines to assure a safe work environment.
- Supports plant-wide training needs for all plant, salaried personnel, which include safety, quality and operational guidelines.
- Advises plant management regarding local, state and federal employment and labor laws.
- Administers Equal Employment Opportunity Program in accordance with corporate policy and federal and state laws. Represents company in unemployment claims determination.
- Manages a department by developing and maintaining budgets, setting goals and objectives, determining actions required to meet goals, determining personnel needs and acting to meet those needs, and appraising the performance of the department and employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- At least 10 years of experience in HR, with at least 5 in a management role.
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience within an automotive supplier highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website