Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The Project Operations Senior Associate coordinates with project managers, business service teams, field offices and technical staff to ensure successful project implementation for USAID, MCC and other multilateral bank funded contracts. The Project Operations Senior Associate reports to the Vice President of Consulting and Business Services.
- Support Chiefs of Party, Project Directors, Senior Technical Advisors and global field offices with various administrative and operational matters
- Coordinate the start-up and close-out of global projects, such as coordinating the office lease process, procuring office equipment and furniture, setting up/closing field bank accounts, and hiring employees
- Draft project manuals, checklists and guidance as required in consultation with relevant Field and Home Office staff
- Coordinate the mobilization and demobilization of project expatriate staff
- Maintain electronic project shared folder of project deliverables, documents, reports, photos and other information
- Arrange travel and make logistical arrangements for workshops, conferences, and/or study tours
- Recruit, onboard and manage travel logistics for short-term consultants
- Provide meeting support: preparing agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and following up on action items
- Continuously identify ways to streamline the operating unit's approach to project implementation with the development of policies, procedures and checklists
- Serve as a Home Office Project Manager coordinating operational, administrative and financial items on a variety of projects
- Draft and submit client approvals for travel and technical concurrences
- Support procurement of goods and services by drafting solicitation documents, conducting market research and competitor analysis, preparing evaluation memos, preparing contract requisition forms and other actions required
- Provide inputs (market research, work history, competitor analysis) for salary, and or consent to subcontract request.
- Ensure project compliance with contract requirements
- Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and vendors regarding project budgets, travel, and other operational and logistical matters
- Prepare and maintain project budgets, financial trackers, financial reports such as labor forecasts, accruals and periodic financial forecast
- Review accounts payable vouchers, subcontractor, consultant and client invoices
- Monitor invoices/budgets against contracts/subcontracts and mitigate cost overruns
- Maintain trackers for approvals, travel, deliverables and project status meeting items
- Conduct research and undertake analyses on energy-related topics as inputs to papers, concept notes, and reports as instructed by technical leads
- Draft scopes of work for consultants, subcontractors, and personnel
- Support the preparation of technical presentations, reports, papers, communication materials, and contract deliverables such as work plans and progress reports in collaboration with technical team
- Coordinate Tetra Tech's submission of deliverables to the client
- Compile and analyze performance indicator data for the project progress reports
- Upload contractual deliverables and project assessments, reports, and documents on the USAID Development Experience Clearing House
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Essential KSA's required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in international development/studies, business administration or another related field
- 7+ years of relevant project management and/or operations experience on USAID, MCC, and other multi-lateral donor projects
- Knowledge of the USAID rules and regulations for travel, allowances, and procurement
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Able to communicate complex information and deliver verbal and written messages effectively
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong research capabilities, using a variety of primary and secondary sources
- Strong organizational, teamwork and technical skills
- Must be able to manage several tasks simultaneously and re-prioritize as necessary
- Must work effectively under deadlines, both independently and as a team member
- Must be able to produce accurate and complete documents in a timely manner
- Must have excellent listening skills and highly developed sense of responsibility and commitment to customer service
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to travel (international field sites), as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Fluency in a foreign language: French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred
- Excellent negotiating and budgeting skills
- Monitoring and evaluation experience, including the development of M&E plans, data collection against project indicators, development of data trackers and dashboards
- Experience with 508 compliance of documents
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website