The Department of Ophthalmology at Texas Children's Hospital in Austin, Texas is seeking a Pediatric Ophthalmologist to join our established team.
Texas Children's provides trusted care to children and adolescents. We are proud to offer support, resources, education, and tools to help providers and their staff deliver the best patient care possible. Texas Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric hospital in the nation, administering primary, specialty, urgent, and emergency medical care in more than 40 pediatric subspecialties. Professionals around the world refer many of their patients to Texas Children's, creating a rich and unique learning environment for our teams. Our physicians use cutting-edge methodologies and access state of the art resources to deliver quality care to Texas Children's patients.
While being primarily focused at our established Specialty Care location, this provider will have the unique opportunity to also provide services through our new Children's Hospital in Austin, TX. Set to open in early 2024, our new state of the art full-service hospital will increase access to quality healthcare for children and women across central Texas. This role will Join the Texas Children's team expanding our standard of care for families across the state.
Join our nationally recognized team of pediatric specialists as we seek to hire a full-time Pediatric Ophthalmologist for our Austin, Texas location:
• Provide contribution related to practice growth, support quality and safety, drive and maintain clinical excellence and innovation, and serve at a clinical physician capacity within the division.
• Ability to build a busy surgical and medical pediatric ophthalmology practice and manage strabismus, amblyopia, and other pediatric ophthalmic conditions.
• Expect to provide routine care, perform corrective and advanced surgery, as well as diagnose/treat eye disease while having the option to manage adults with strabismus.
• Opportunity to work out of our established Specialty Care Facility and be able to contribute to our new campus of Texas Children' s Hospital currently being built in Austin.
• Participation in Academic support as the facility ramps up; mentorship and teaching opportunities with residents and fellows at the TCH affiliate; Baylor College of Medicine.
• Excellent medical and surgical skills with ability to manage strabismus and amblyopia and opportunities to treat pediatric anterior segment disorders, oculoplastics, and other pediatric ophthalmic conditions with option to manage adult strabismus.
• The ideal candidate should be well versed in the setting(s) of outpatient, inpatient ER settings as well as NICU Care and be comfortable with managing typical ocular trauma.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the diseases, functions, and anatomy of the eye.
• Projected Schedule: 1 OR Day, 3.5 days for OP Consults, ½ day for Admin
• An academic record consistent with appointment as an assistant level or associate professor if desired given TCH's affiliation with Baylor. However, this is NOT required for this position
• The ideal candidate will be team oriented and share the department's passion for establishing relationships that will positively impact the community of Austin, TX.
• Applicants must have a M.D., or D.O or equivalent degree, and be BE/BC Fellowship trained in Pediatric Ophthalmology
• Candidates of all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
• The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active Texas medical license.
About Texas Children's Hospital:
Texas Children's Hospital, a not-for-profit health care organization, is committed to creating a healthier future for children and women throughout the global community by leading in patient care, education, and research. Consistently ranked as the best children's hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation. Texas Children's has garnered widespread recognition for its expertise and breakthroughs in pediatric and women's health. The hospital includes the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute; the Feigin Tower for pediatric research; Texas Children's Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children's Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children's Hospital the Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children's care for communities north of Houston. The organization also created Texas Children's Health Plan, the nation's first HMO for children; has the largest pediatric primary care network in the country, Texas Children's Pediatrics; Texas Children's Urgent Care clinics that specialize in after-hours care tailored specifically for children; and a global health program that's channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children's Hospital is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine.
Texas Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric hospital in the nation, administering primary, specialty, urgent, and emergency medical care in more than 40 pediatric subspecialties. Professionals throughout the world refer many of their most challenging patients to Texas Children's, creating a rich and unique learning environment for our teams. Our physicians use cutting-edge methodologies and access state of the art resources to deliver quality care to Texas Children's patients. Texas Children's Pediatrics now operates 18 pediatric practices in the greater Austin area, along with Texas Children's Specialty Care on N. Mopac Expressway and Texas Children's Urgent Care Westgate on S. Lamar Blvd. Spring 2024 will mark the opening of Texas Children's Hospital North Austin Campus, which will offer pediatric care and women's health services all in one convenient location.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers, and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of our patients.
The Texas Children's Environment:
Physicians at Texas Children's have the unique benefit of being a part of our award-winning Texas Children's team, while being employed by our academic partner, Baylor College of Medicine, one of the most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. Our longstanding partnership with Baylor allows our physicians to feel insurmountable support, as well as endless opportunities for research and continued education. Baylor College of Medicine currently ranks #9 in Pediatric Programs and #21 in Research Intensive Medical Schools. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. Additionally, we want our Physicians and supporting employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Our group offers great benefit programs that further support our dedication to work-life balance of our employees.
Apply on company website