You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For' list…eight years in a row. What you may not know is how our Training Team provides first class support for over 300 restaurants.
The Area Field Training Manager interacts with all levels of operations to ensure performance standards are maintained and new programs/systems are flawlessly implemented. They are responsible for the training outcomes associated with GM & EKM, Mentor, K/MIT, Classroom Facilitator, Master Culinarian and DT training and development. The AFTM supports operations at the direction of the ADO, while working in conjunction with the AKOM(s). The AFTM upholds company training policies and procedures through annual compliance training, audits and action planning to close training gaps, while implementing new initiatives as directed by the SVP of PDD, NRO & Operations Services/Communications. AFTMs lead all training functions at New Restaurant Openings including; planning, execution and ongoing post-opening support.
You'll thrive in this position if you're:
- An Effective Communicator: whether it's verbal or written, you present information in a clear and professional manner. You understand your audience and can easily shift your presentation style, so it is understandable to all.
- Customer Service Minded: you keep your staff members' needs high on your priority list and do your best to help resolve any issue they might be having.
- A Natural People Leader: you are a leader and coach adept at providing others with a clear direction, helping them see though the weeds while inspiring, motivating, developing, and empowering them.
- Improvement Focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better, faster, or with less?”.
- An Experienced Organizer: you're skilled at juggling multiple priorities while keeping everyone and everything on track without missing a step.
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- Collaborates with operational leaders (RVPs, ADOs, AKOMs, etc.) to support all training and development efforts within their assigned area(s), consisting of up to ~16 restaurants. This includes driving operational performance through hands-on manager development.
- Maintains our Mission of Absolute Guest Satisfaction by reviewing guest feedback and praising and coaching staff and managers to improve our guests' experience. Partners with the area team on specific tactics to close technical gaps in service while providing a vision for what hospitality looks like on every shift.
- Supports RVPs and ADOs with succession planning through strategic planning and the execution of L5 Assessments for future GM/EKM candidates, including targeted post-assessment leader development.
- Leads GM/EKM onboarding within 90 days post-promotion to certify new leaders on training systems and their business application as outlined in the Development Systems Audit (DSA).
- Holds GM and management team accountable for all training systems by conducting an annual DSA, while providing action items needed to perfect the execution of all development programs.
- Responsible for maintaining a group of certified training restaurants to support company growth and protect our standards of operational excellence. This includes the development and certification of qualified management mentors in each training location, along with certified Designated Trainers in all workgroups.
- Meets with members of management team on every shift to review Personal Development Plans (PDPs) to gauge current gaps in skills and knowledge. Supports development through side-by-side coaching and/or communicates action steps to manager's mentor/GM & EKM.
- Conducts K/MIT Contact Meetings to onboard and mentor up to 50 K/MITs annually. Protects the training environment for the new leader and the company's investment in development by resolving issues and providing immediate feedback to the training restaurant team.
- Ensures the proper selection and development of Classroom Facilitators and Master Culinarians by collaborating with restaurant operations on candidate “fit” and subsequent training, development and certification. Validates comprehension and flawless execution of training classes while keeping guest service at the forefront. Focuses on retention and succession planning of Master Culinarians and Classroom Facilitators by maintaining a talent bench in each assigned location.
- Maintains compliance training requirements (federal, state and local) in assigned locations for staff, management, and area leaders. This includes ServSafe Food, Alcohol and Allergens, First Aid, Prevention of Sexual Harassment, HIPAA, Fire Safety, Security Training, etc.
- Leads initiatives requiring field training support during pilots and national launches and provides ongoing support. These include New Menu Rollouts and efforts to improve guest service and hospitality through evolving training programs, such as Orientation, Server Training, Line Cook Training, and the associated training and certification to maintain consistency across the brand.
- Serves as a liaison to the Corporate Support Center and provides performance feedback and data to program/system developers for ongoing improvements.
- Works with operational leaders on assigned New Restaurant Openings to:
- Attract and maintain a local pool of qualified DTs and NRO Captains for domestic and international NROs.
- Train and develop existing NRO DTs on operational standards through side-by-side development and coaching while on assignment.
- Lead GM/EKM and management team through the NRO process, while coaching areas of opportunity, such as guest service, staffing, training agendas, and essential systems.
- Supports area teams by conducting regional training workshops to develop the skills of staff and managers (i.e., Evolving Workforce training).
- Uses 4-way communication to keep restaurant, area, regional and company leaders informed of all training and development activities.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance on the shift and provides coaching as needed. Makes recommendations to workgroup managers regarding performance development.
- Validates training costs in assigned locations and while at NROs to protect the training environment and keep expenditures within forecast/budget. Manages personal expense reports/budget and complies with all Company guidelines.
What we require:
- Minimum of two years of management experience with The Cheesecake Factory Inc.
- Must be a senior manager or higher, with multiple workgroup management experience preferred.
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent training, mentoring, coaching, presentation and communication skills.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel at least 60%, including extended periods while at NROs.
What we prefer:
- Experience in learning and development.
- Experience in New Restaurant Openings.
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” every year since 2014, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is a global $2.9 billion public company with 45,000 staff members across more than 300 full-service, casual dining restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts. Internationally, twenty-nine The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Our bakery division operates two facilities that create delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees and third-party bakery customers.
We offer a people-centered culture and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website