Hybrid work schedule (split between home & office) and casual attire all week long
You may know us for our huge menu of delicious food…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” nine years in a row! What you may not know is how our Accounting Team skillfully prepares and examines the financial records of over 250 restaurants and 200 corporate cost centers. We are a $2.9B, public entity; a true market leader with over 300 full-service restaurants and more than 45,000 staff members.
Reporting to the Accounting Director, the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting will work with a team of 10 at The Cheesecake Factory corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. You'll be responsible for managing the month-end closing process, financial statement review, monthly account analysis and reconciliations, as well as coach and develop two direct reports.
You'll thrive in this position if you're:
- A Thought Leader: You are recognized as an authority in your field and have expertise that is sought after, making you an effective leader able to prioritize short term solutions and formulate long term vision.
- A Relationship Builder: You enjoy building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. Whether they're a type A, B or Z personality, you easily establish a warm relationship, building an effective network around you.
- Exhaustively Meticulous: You appreciate attention to detail, leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- A Natural People Leader: You are a leader and coach adept at providing others with a clear direction, helping them see through the weeds while inspiring, motivating, developing and empowering them.
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- Responsible for the Corporate month-end close process, including review of monthly journal entries, balance sheet schedules, bank reconciliations and other related close processes.
- Manage 2 direct reports, including their daily activities while providing career growth opportunities, coaching and annual performance reviews.
- Seek process improvements in routine tasks, schedules and close processes.
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure transactions follow Company policies and are properly reflected on the financial statements.
- Assists with evaluating emerging accounting pronouncements and interpretations to determine impact to the Company, as well as continued accounting (e.g. Revenue Recognition, etc.).
- Oversee the monthly reimbursement and royalty calculations for our international partners.
- Perform monthly fluctuation analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Present monthly results to upper management.
- Collaborate cross functionally with department heads throughout the company.
- Prepare footnote supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K documents.
- Work directly with external auditors to prepare schedules and provide audit support.
- Process gift card related entries and associated reconciliations.
- Complete ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- 8+ years of general accounting experience within a large multi-concept public company, including sound knowledge of GAAP and internal/external audit experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience managing a team of multiple people.
- Experience managing staff to perform more efficiently and accurately, including creating and training new position to accommodate organizational transformation as a result of system implementations and company growth.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other departments, building relationships and gaining commitment and resources for finance-led initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and consistently achieve deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel - v/h lookup, sumif, pivot tables) and ERP applications.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
What we prefer:
- Background in the restaurant industry or multi-unit retail.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” every year since 2014, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is a global $2.9 billion public company with 45,000 staff members across more than 300 full-service, casual dining restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts. Internationally, twenty-nine The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Our bakery division operates two facilities that create delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees and third-party bakery customers.
We offer a people-centered culture and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website