Hybrid work schedule (split between home & office) and casual attire all week long
You may know us as a company with great food. You may also know us from ‘Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For' list...nine years in a row! What you may not know is that our IT team skillfully supports a global $2.9B public company with over 300 full-service restaurants and more than 45,000 total staff members.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the Senior Systems Engineer will have a seat at the table and play an integral role providing implementation, design and engineering support for infrastructure systems and assets within the corporate office, data centers, cloud environments and our restaurants.
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- Adaptable: you're at ease in a fast-paced environment and you're able to change direction rapidly when priorities, deadlines, or personalities shift.
- An expert in your field: you seek to maintain a comprehensive and strategic knowledge base of the current technology landscape, particularly trends, developments and advancements.
- Intellectually curious: you're a lifelong learner; you pick things up and dissect them to see how they work, then figure out how to improve or fix them.
- Up to code: you're proficient using Windows Shell Scripting (Batch), VBScript, PowerShell and/or other systems automation technologies
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- Plan, design, and implement enterprise class systems infrastructure services for mission critical applications in a complex large enterprise environment. Includes developing and implementing continuous improvement strategies to support stable and scalable infrastructure services for Corporate and Restaurant services.
- Troubleshooting – assist cross functional teams and internal customers to diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for all Systems Infrastructure services.
- Proactive monitoring and capacity planning of all server, cloud, storage and backup environments. Includes proactively evaluating and analyzing performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements across entire technology stack.
- Research new technologies and trends in virtualization, automation, storage, backup and data center area to identify methods to make continuous improvements.
Develop technology road maps for both short and long-term system engineering service lifecycles.
- Create operational and engineering documentation for current and future state of the SAN, storage and backup environment.
- Provide technical expertise and training to less experienced staff, acts as the level 3 support for all escalations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project and engineering teams to design and deploy new systems.
- Evaluate technologies, design solutions, and develop proposals to improve existing processes and infrastructure.
- Be available, on-call and or on 24x7 rotations as required to rapidly troubleshoot any problems resulting in service delivery outages. Includes responding to critical monitoring alarms and alerts during and outside normal business hours as required.
- Leverage automation techniques/technologies - Develop and maintain scripts and utilities using shell scripts, and Windows PowerShell.
- Ensure systems are compliant with company information security standards.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation to include administration guides, network, configuration diagrams and asset management.
What we require:
- 7+ years of Advanced Systems Engineering experience supporting Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 in a VMWare environment and other core infrastructure technologies such as Active Directory, PKI or 0365.
- 5 + years of experience developing, maintaining and reverse engineering scripts and utilities written in interpreted languages such as shell scripts, and Windows PowerShell.
- 5+ years of experience with Active Directory, migrating and upgrading DC's, assessing, tunning and managing GPO's for large enterprise environments.
- 5+ years of experience with VMWare, AWS and or Azure cloud environment.
- 3+ years of experience support SSO federation using Okta or similar platforms, experience with Okta Provisioning highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of systems automation technologies such as Windows Shell Scripting (Batch), VBScript, PowerShell.
- Strong working knowledge of supporting Windows 7 and above, Microsoft Office 2013 and above, PC, Laptop and workstation class hardware and related peripherals.
- Support of Avamar/Data Domain or Similar Enterprise Backup & Recovery infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience with capacity planning, availability, and system management tools.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
Decision making skills
- The ability to lead Systems infrastructure projects from beginning to end with little to no supervision.
- Knowledge of basic networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, Routing, and Wireless networks.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers.
What we prefer:
- Experience supporting Multi-Cloud environment as well as Hyper Converged platforms strongly.
- Experience supporting systems management and deployment technologies such SCCM, Puppet, Chef, Solarwinds, and or vCloud Automation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Support of Datacenter Fiber channel SAN/iSCSI/ Infrastructure (NetApp, EMC) Nutanix experience.
- Azure or AWS Certification and demonstrated experience supporting these environments.
- MCSE or Equivalent
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” every year since 2014, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is a global $2.9 billion public company with 45,000 staff members across more than 300 full-service, casual dining restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts. Internationally, twenty-nine The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Our bakery division operates two facilities that create delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees and third-party bakery customers.
We offer a people-centered culture and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website