You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (9 years in a row!). What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
The Training and Development Specialist aims to maximize business performance by identifying and facilitating training needs for the bakery. The duties are developing training programs, compiling and presenting materials, giving feedback to course participants, monitoring outcomes and evaluating the learning experience. The ideal candidate for this job will demonstrate research and analysis skills, creativity, communication and presentation skills, coaching expertise and flexibility.
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you're a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you're conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables, performing all job functions safely while following instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail, leaving nothing to chance, while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought; “how can I do this better/faster”.
- Adaptable: you're at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift, learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs, willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary
- A team player: while you're a capable self-manager, you thrive when you're a part of a team, yet don't mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- Assists in the creation and disseminating of and administers benchmarking and follow-up testing/evaluation processes
- Assists in the development of SOPs and training materials
- Tracks and analyzes course evaluations and training program effectiveness, adjusting training materials based on results
- Works with business leaders to define internal processes to create and deliver training materials
- Reviews and updates Training Guides, Quick Reference Guides, etc.
- Aligns with management, supervisors, and associates to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies
- Conducts “needs assessments” and identify performance gaps
- Provides support to the HR/Safety department administering On-boarding, Safety training, and organization of monthly safety committee meetings
- Develops and builds the curriculum for company training programs (i.e. course materials, presentations, handouts, visual aids)
- Maintains applicable e-learning portal and the Learning Management System (LMS) for tracking company training activities
- Communicates and collaborates with regional business, Human Resources and learning resources to share best practices, complete special projects/assignments, create solutions and leverage programs
What we require:
- A minimum of two (2) years of training experience in a corporate or business setting
- A minimum of two (2 years) of experience in instructional design
- Knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook)
- Must be Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Must have experience working with Learning management Systems (LMS)
- Must have excellent facilitation skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Must be able to apply principles and techniques of coaching, mentoring and performance consulting
- Must be able to work individually as well as within a team
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Be able to evaluate training effectiveness
What we prefer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Psychology, Human Resources, Adult Education or another related field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Training and/or Organizational Development is preferred
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” every year since 2014, The Cheesecake Factory Bakery operates two facilities that create delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees, and third-party bakery customers. The Bakery is a subsidiary of The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated which is a global $3.3 billion public company with 47,500 staff members across more than 300 full-service, casual dining restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts.
We offer a people-centered culture and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives, and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website