This is a contract position that is part of the Business Intelligence team, this individual works with multiple departments throughout the organization to take their data and transform it into information that will allow them to make better decisions. The data engineer is responsible for gathering requirements, design, creation and support of the data warehouse.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
Possess and utilize vast knowledge, specific to the data field, to complete significant assignments
Maintain a strong understanding of the supported business processes
Gather and document requirements for the data warehouse
Contribute to the design of Star Schema data models
Create and support ETL jobs, pulling data from various source systems and loading data into the data warehouse
Contribute to the design of semantic layer to support end-user self-service
Build complex reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Create complex dashboards using Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
Forecast, analyze data and trends, and create reports that highlight areas in need of performance improvement
Interact with customers as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with the delivered BI solutions
Maintain production documentation
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience. Master's degree preferred
- 6+ years of data warehouse experience
- 1+ years of industrial grade experience in data science, including machine learning and NLP
- Some experience evaluating industrial grade experience in data science, including machine learning and NLP
- Successfully contributed to the completion of multiple impactful experiences contributing to the successful completion of multiple data science projects end to end, from idea generation to implementation in production systems (warehouse, or applications)
- Considerable professional experience in data analysis and report design/development
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
- Highly effective communicator; both written and verbal
- Strong troubleshooter
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and resolve complex problems
- Proven experience in presentation/interface creation
- Extensive knowledge of engineering best practices
- Strong operational understanding and discipline
- Ability to resolve security issues and requests and implement improvements
- Advanced dimensional data modeling skills
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technology
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- Advanced documentation, presentation, and communication skills
- Great in developing ETL code, can manage the ingestion and cleansing of large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Knows the algorithms used for regressions, clustering, classification, forecasting, and constructing graphs
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.
Apply on company website