This position exists to serve with others in providing flower beds, Christmas displays, and landscaped grounds in a manner that creates a beautiful atmosphere for those who come to Church Headquarters.
Location: Church Headquarters Grounds, Downtown, Salt Lake City UT
Schedule: 20-40 hours/week - 7:00am to 3:30pm
Flexible schedules available
Rate of pay: $12.25/ hour
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION - not lasting more than 6 months
- Assist with planting the fall flower beds; this includes the tulip bulbs for the world-famous Temple Square tulip displays
- Assist with grounds maintenance, including the set up/take down of Christmas lights and displays
- Assist with grounds maintenance as assigned
- Assist with snow removal, which will include shoveling snow. You could be asked to work select weekends for snow removal
- Maintain good public relations - report problems to supervisor
- Work may involve the use of motorized equipment such as a walk behind snow blower, walk behind lawn mower, and working from ladders or other high locations
- May be required to use hand tools or motorized tools
- May be required to travel to multiple buildings off Temple Square
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the assigned work in an outdoor setting in all seasons of the year
- Ability to operate assigned equipment such as the following: walk behind snow blower, walk behind lawn mower, and other motorized tools. Training will be provided.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat, push, and pull for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to independently lift and position objects weighing as much as 50 lbs. Must be able to team lift and position objects weighing as much as 100 lbs.
- Must be able to fit into confined spaces and maneuver flower beds without causing damage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various plants and fertilizers.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in high locations on a mechanical lift and building ledges.
- Must be able to work in a professional manner with others as well as alone without constant supervision. Must have a positive attitude with the ability to work as a team.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.
Apply on company website