IT Help Desk Support Specialist
Join a growing organization that it is changing the landscape in some of the most challenging neighborhoods in the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of the leading nonprofit developers of mixed-income housing in the United States. Our mission is to build and sustain strong, supportive communities by developing, financing and operating high-quality housing, and implementing neighborhood self-help initiatives to drive economic opportunity for our residents. We are headquartered in Boston, with regional hubs in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
The IT Help Desk Support Specialist is responsible for providing support for all technology needs for TCB Employees which includes, but is not limited to: hardware, software, mobile devices, networking, emerging new technologies. This position is also responsible for prompt issue identification and resolution via a web-based ticketing system, telephone calls, as well as email and walk-in requests.
- Provide technical support to TCB employees via phone, remote screen-share and in person while adhering to company standards and guidelines.
- Remotely support employees that are based on-site, traveling, or at remote offices.
- Basic knowledge of VOIP, Hosted PBX and enterprise cloud based phone systems
- When required, perform software deployment and implementations.
- Thoroughly document support activities in a ticketing system, keeping track of ongoing issues and providing effective solutions.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for unique solutions to new technical challenges that arise.
- Maintain computers and mobile devices with updates to ensure usability and security.
- Identify and diagnose any issues that arise and offer effective solutions, following through to resolution.
- Work with vendors and staff to create desktop/laptop images with the latest updates and configurations.
- Represent the IT department with the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required. 2 year college program or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Active Directory
- Strong technical proficiency with enterprise technology platforms such as networking, information security, end user computing, mobile device technology, telephony, cloud solutions, email, and collaboration tools.
- 5 years of experience delivering technology support across a diverse range of IT services and technologies including common operation systems, desktop applications and network infrastructure.
- Strong track-record of exemplifying customer service excellence and accountability/ownership for the total customer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and demonstrate sound judgement under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual customer situations. Ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and positively manage significant change (i.e.; organizational, technical, functional,) while maintain a focus on customer support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly communicate to external and internal clients regarding support operations and new/enhanced services. Ability to adapt communication style to diverse audiences within the TCB community
- Strong time management skills including the ability to multi-task, organize workflow, prioritize tasks and manage a changing workload individually and across a team.
- Experience working with the following systems and software a plus; Microsoft Office 365, Cisco Networks, RingCentral, and Security Systems (Cameras, NVR, Fobs, Intercoms).
- Some afterhours or weekend work may be required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs of equipment
- Some Travel may be required as needed
The Community Builders is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website