We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The purpose of this position is to prepare and serve meals and special functions for residents,
employees, and visitors. This position must maintain a high standard of production and control
using standardized recipes. This position must maintain high standard of sanitation of all food
preparation areas and meet all requirements in accordance with CRC and Holmstad procedures and established federal, state, and local regulations.
In this role, the Dining Services Aide will:
- Plan cooking schedule to have meal of assigned shift ready on time.
- Prepare food according to production sheet and standardized recipes to maintain food cost,
quality and portion control.
- Prepare all meal items for restricted diets, by following spreadsheets.
- Assemble staff tickets and make staff meals as needed.
- Portion food into pans to be distributed to each serving area. Mark all pans.
- Take temperature of food before and during meal services and record on daily temperature
log sheets. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Substitute entrees with alternate selection when conditions warrant change and with
approval of healthcare dining services supervisor.
- Set up steam table for assigned dining rooms, using proper serving utensils, and serve food
onto dinnerware as ordered by resident. Honor resident's food preferences.
- Ensure adequate supplies within meal period, batch cook to replenish as needed, and
record all food produced.
- Record, label, and store leftover food as appropriate.
- Clean and sanitize work areas throughout shift. Complete cleaning assignments to maintain
compliance with regulatory agencies. Clean and sanitize cooking utensils and pot/pans as
- Work with and give direction to universal workers and diet aides.
- Communicate with healthcare dining services supervisor and recommend changes in
recipes and cooking methods to improve quality of food as needed.
- In absence of healthcare dining services supervisor assume some supervisory responsibility
including staffing changes, work assignments and inspections.
- Assist in training new production employees.
- Assist with organization of cooler/freezer and storeroom.
- Assist with maintaining and updating production files, including recipes, production and prep
- Assist with inventory as requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of food service experience in an institutional setting.
- Current state sanitation certificate.
- Knowledge of Modified diets.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use recipes and prepare meals.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert measurements.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.
- Understanding of standard food measurements and equivalents.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow tasks through to completion.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website