We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, assist and implement a full life enrichment
program and volunteer program, as well as maintaining and updating on-campus communication.
This position reports to the resident life director and is service in nature. In performance of duties, this position is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the resident life director in the planning, implementation and facilitation of events and programs at The Holmstad based upon the LifeConnect® philosophy, leading programs as appropriate. Programs include structured individual and group activities and facilitating resident-led events and activities. Support and assist in the marketing of programs to the community and staff.
- Plan for and escort residents to events outside the community such as educational outings, special trips, musical performances, and other off-campus trips while remaining in compliance with Covenant Living's Policy #50.
- Develop and direct the volunteer program, including recruiting, scheduling, and coordinating volunteers for the campus.
- Coordinate with other departments in the planning, implementation and facilitation of events. These departments include Marketing, Facilities Management, Stewardship, Dining Services, Administration, Geneva Place and Life Enrichment. Periodically, this position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing larger-scale events at Park Manor in conjunction with catered living staff and other departments on campus.
- Primarily responsible for updating Channel 950, the on-campus TV channel, through the TouchTown software. Utilize other methods of formal communication to residents and staff (such as the monthly newsletter, information board, etc.) appropriately. Provide newsletter editing as needed.
- Stay current with trends in the field of recreational programming for older adults and assure that Covenant Retirement Communities standards for activity programs are met or exceeded.
- Provide welcome and orientation as new residents move-in.
- Update and maintain resident website, Holmstad Connect, in collaboration with resident volunteers.
- Coordinate special event reservations and bookings by community members and residents wanting to use Holmstad space for a private event in accordance with The Holmstad Special Events Procedure.
- Maintain ongoing rapport with residents for feedback to plan, encourage, and facilitate participation in programs and events.
- Provide technology training and support for residents as needed.
- Actively participate in LifeConnect® and work closely with the LifeConnect® team. Complete Life Connect profiles with residents in a consistent and timely manner under the direction of the resident services director.
- Participate in planning the monthly events calendar; ensure the schedule of outing transportation needs are integrated into the larger campus transportation schedule.
- Order and purchase appropriate supplies and materials necessary for the department according to Covenant Living's policy and Holmstad procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred as well as training or experience in activities, crafts, recreation or a related field. Experience in working with senior adults and in retirement community operations is strongly preferred.
- Must have a current Illinois driver's license, a good driving record for transporting residents to off-campus activities, and a willingness to drive a non-CDL passenger bus.
- This individual must possess excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and GroupWise (or similar program). Willingness to learn and contribute to the LifeConnect® Profile software and TouchTown is essential.
- This individual must have experience and possess excellent communication skills (English, oral and written) with poise and confidence in personal contact with residents, staff, and/or the public.
- The position requires a highly motivated individual who demonstrates organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills. Initiative and the ability to follow through are essential.
- This position requires the ability to understand the needs of the aging adult. Must demonstrate an understanding of customer service.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website