The Registered Nurse, under the direction of the Physician, utilizes knowledge and skills to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate patient care through the use of the nursing process based on knowledge of principles of growth and development, serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates leadership, and serves as a preceptor.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- South Carolina RN Nursing License
- Current CPR certification
- 1-2 years healthcare experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Measure and record vital signs, takes patient medical history and chief complaint. Record information accurately in the medical chart.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization of equipment.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Prepare patient for examination.
- Phlebotomy, finger sticks, and collection of other lab specimens.
- Assist the provider with exams and minor office surgery.
- Adhere to and practice appropriate infection control policies and procedures.
- Screens, manages, and follows up telephone messages from patients, referrals, and pharmacies.
- Prepare and send prescriptions electronically per provider's orders.
- Performs waived lab tests, EKGs, and administers injections.
- Applies dressing and remove sutures as ordered by the provider.
- Explains patient's problems, medications and procedures to patient.
- Uses printed handouts, booklets, samples, examples, and videos computer programs as applicable.
- Helps to maintain patient education material. Reviews educational material as needed
- Use CPR skills when required.
- Dispose of biohazard waste according to state standards.
- Maintain OSHA requirements and practice OSHA standards.
- Perform accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website