Spanish Medical Interpreter Needed!
The Interpreter Specialist provides medical and general interpreting services for Limited English proficient patients/guests and/or deaf patients/guests. Viable candidates may be requested to successfully complete a medical interpretation competency assessment.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Preferred: Associate or Bachelor's degree.
Experience: A minimum of 1-year experience interpreting in a healthcare environment is required.
Successful completion of medical terminology and medical interpretation training.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Must be bilingual in English and a target language such as Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, American Sign Language, etc. with strong verbal and written skills in these languages.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, assignments, and deadlines.
- Collaborates with Dispatcher to ensure that medical interpreter requests are met on a timely basis.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to exercise good judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, on an as needed basis.
- Ensures that medical interpreter Code of Ethics is followed during encounters with staff and patients/guests.
- Assists English speaking employees to communicate with Limited English Proficient patients/guests in culturally and linguistically appropriate styles and behaviors.
- Records & documents medical interpretation activities according to departmental guidelines, noting staff or patient's concerns & issues related to risk management directives or violations of hospital policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to withstand the stress and demands of an active position.
- Manual dexterity, good eye/hand coordination and acceptable vision needed in daily work.
- Must have strong knowledge of organizational dynamics and have excellent communication/coaching skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, the public, and other agencies.
- Must be able to respond calmly and efficiently in crisis situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills based on the command of the English language.
- Must be able to perform the following functions: standing for long hours, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, pushing, pulling, and squatting.
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs in order to lift/move patients, equipment, and/or supplies utilized in the work place.
Apply on company website