The Certified/Registered Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the provider with direct patient care. S/he is educated and trained to perform both administrative and clinical skills in the medical care environment.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience: One to two years of medical office experience is preferred
Certification as Medical Assistant (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant(AMT) is required
Core Job Responsibilities
· Measure and record vital signs, takes patient medical history and chief complaint. Record information accurately in the medical chart.
· Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
· Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization of equipment.
· Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments
· Prepare patient for examination
· Phlebotomy, finger sticks, and collection of other lab specimens
· Assist the provider with exams and minor office surgery
· Adhere to and practice appropriate infection control policies and procedures.
· Screens, manages, and follows up telephone messages from patients, referrals, and pharmacies
· Prepare and send prescriptions electronically per provider's orders
· Performs waived lab tests, EKGs, and administers injections
· Applies dressing and remove sutures as ordered by the provider
· Use CPR skills when required
· Dispose of biohazard waste according to state standards
· Maintain OSHA requirements and practice OSHA standards
· Perform accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
· Perform other duties as requested
Apply on company website