Florida MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and medically complex needs.
Program Administration Funds Specialist
Do you have experience in Account Management and customer service? Are you looking for rewarding work in an organization dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of others? Bring your commitment to a team-based workplace that puts people first.
- Monitor implementation of individual fund policies and procedures, audit individuals' accounts, review reconciliations, and report mismanagement or abuse of individual funds.
- Coordinate and manage funds in alignment with money management plans and financial transaction consents.
- Perform Representative Payee Designee duties, administer pre-paid bank card programs, track and record deposited funds for beneficiaries, and deposit payments when necessary.
- Assist with opening irrevocable burial trusts, special needs trusts, etc., and coordinate handling of individual funds in the event of death.
- Complete routine and end of year tax filing for applicable persons served.
- Review and process routine personal spending and special requests for funds, maintaining records of expenditures, including original receipts and signatures.
- Make payments on behalf of persons served, including room and board, rent, utilities, medical co-payments, and others, following policy and procedure when issuing checks from individual fund accounts.
- Reconcile transaction registers to fund's source (ledgers/etc.) at least monthly or more frequently, as applicable.
- Verify accuracy of transaction register balances by reviewing starting and ending balances, deposits, expenditures, cash count, and bank card or account balance verification, bringing questions or inconsistencies to the primary money manager (or other party if this person is suspected) for resolution.
- Conduct routine reviews of account balances and, as indicated, complete high balance alert notifications and take steps to avoid exceeding asset limits to maintain eligibility.
- Assist with reporting combined asset and account information to benefit entities (e.g., Social Security Administration) as well as collecting and organizing documents for external audits of Representative Payee Accounts.
- Promptly report suspected misuse of funds or property, as required by applicable policy and procedures.
- High school diploma/GED required; Associate's Degree with account management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in accounting, intermediate to advanced computer skills, and familiarity with accounting applications preferred.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect information from different sources.
- Current driver's license in good standing, car registration, and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company.
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website