The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. We are seeking an Employee Safety and Risk Manager to join our team! This position is open to a remote candidate.
Employee Safety and Risk Manager- Work From Home!
Do you have strong leadership qualities and work experience in safety, risk, or quality assurance? Are you interested in working for a company that improves the lives of others? In the Employee Safety and Risk Manager role, you will contribute to the company's commitment to serve others by creating a company-wide culture of safety and injury prevention through risk assessments, behavior modification program development, and safety training.
- Assess and develop safety programs in partnership with field operations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, and other environmental health, safety, and loss prevention standards.
- Responsible for service excellence through field operation technical support and program evaluation.
- Conducts safety investigations and evaluates safety and claims information to identify potential hazards and loss trends.
- Recommend preventive measures and corrective actions in partnership with field operations and team members.
- Schedule regional travel to perform physical inspections of field locations and equipment.
- Identify and review potential hazards and regulatory non-compliance issues.
- Recommend corrective measures and confirm completion.
- Provide ongoing safety, environment and loss prevention training to reduce the frequency and severity of accidental losses.
- Collaborate with Safety and Risk Claims team to designs and implement loss reduction programs and services on a national basis.
- Manage field operation safety resources provided by MENTOR's insurance administrator.
- Manage in partnership with field safety team to ensure safety program recommendations are followed.
- Work with training personnel to develop safety and risk training materials.
- Perform other related duties and activities as assigned and required.
Bachelor's degree required
5-7 years of safety, risk, quality assurance, or industry-related experience preferred
Experience with hospital, consumer care setting, or human services business preferred
Affiliation with ASSE or nationally recognized safety, environmental, and health certifications preferred
Effective communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
Demonstrated competence in time management with ability to prioritize workload
Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
Willingness to travel to states supported
Why Join Us?
Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
Work from home position
401(k) with company match
Paid time off and holiday pay
Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – apply today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to elders in need of support. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, we strive to support our ~32,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 37 states. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website