REM Hennepin, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for Individuals with intellectual and development disabilities, Correction-based Services, Traumatic Brain Injury, Autism, other complex needs.
Hiring Immediately! Wages starting at $17.80 per hour! As a Maintenance Worker you would ensure that all grounds and equipment are in good working order to ensure a safe, attractive and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve. This position is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Oversee ongoing preventative maintenance of multiple programs/offices across an assigned region.
- Plan and schedule work assignments to accomplish workload with available resources and equipment. Coordinate with outside contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyze and resolve complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of responsibility
- Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical and plumbing fixtures, painting and laundry equipment.
- Draft plans for building needs. Read blueprints and implement work accordingly. Wire buildings for computer networking. Inspect and repair all damages to building surfaces.
- Plan and direct inventory control program for equipment, parts and supplies. Oversee the establishment of accounts with material vendors. Order and maintain necessary maintenance supplies.
- Maintain appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Work with building inspectors, fire marshal, and vendors. Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as appropriate.
- Maintain operational records, data, and monitor and enforce observance of safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year related work experience preferred
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Self-reliable pick-up truck and a willingness to travel between sites as needed
- Working knowledge and ability to handle a range of maintenance needs, tools and equipment
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently and must be dependable and punctual
- Successful clearance of background checks and fingerprint check
- A reliable, responsible attitude
- A compassionate approach and a commitment to quality in everything you do.
Why Join Us?
- Full-time position
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- NEW! Get paid On Demand with Dayforce Wallet
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website