Massachusetts MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides quality, community-based services to youth and adults. Through our programs we offer a wide range of individualized therapeutic programs; Therapeutic Foster Care and Behavioral Health Services, to serve youth with social, emotional, and behavioral challenges as well as their families.
Family Support Specialist
Are you committed to helping keep families together by improving family life and functioning? As a pioneering, mission-driven provider focused on the highest quality care, we are looking for you to join our team to provide in-home intervention services to youth at risk and families.
- Assist master's level clinicians in implementing the therapeutic objectives of the treatment plan created by the clinician
- Teach youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situations
- Assist youth's family to address the youth's emotional and mental health needs
- Provide phone contact and consultation to youth/family and clinician as part of the intervention
- Improve patterns of interaction with youth & family to enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, safety planning, communication, and skill-building to strengthen the family unit
- Monitor progress of youth & family in conjunction with clinician
- Provide skills training and demonstrate application of such to youth & family
- Identify and utilize community resources with youth & family
- Complete documentation according to schedule established by the clinic; Remain compliant with documentation of visits
- Adhere to company policies, codes of conduct, administrative directives, therapy guidelines, codes of conduct and all office
- and administrative procedures
- Meet direct service requirements based on part time or full time status, as designated
- Keep clinician and/or supervisor informed of progress on all cases
- Adhere to recommendations from clinician and/or supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality in all clinical matters
- Complete state mandated trainings/certificates; Participate in trainings as mandated
- Responsible for transporting persons served, as necessary
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited university
- One year related experience working with youth.
- A compassionate approach and a commitment to quality in everything you do.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills to manage relationships.
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office Applications
- Must have a valid driving license and clean driving record
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website