MENTOR South Bay, a part of The MENTOR Network, is a community-based, behavioral health care organization offering a continuum of services including adult behavioral health, substance abuse counseling, children's behavioral health, autism services, and early childhood services.
Family Service Provider
Function as one or more of the following roles, based on qualifications and site needs: Therapeutic Mentor, Therapeutic Training and Support, and Behavior Management Monitor. Work under the supervision of the CBHI Coordinator, with the support and guidance of a qualified clinician's treatment plan to assist the youth and family in achieving the goals of the plan.
- Assist master's level clinicians in implementing the therapeutic objectives of the treatment plan created by the clinician
- Teach youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situations
- Assist youth's family to address the youth's emotional and mental health needs
- Provide phone contact and consultation to youth/family and clinician as part of the intervention
- Improve patterns of interaction with youth & family to enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, safety planning, communication, and skill-building to strengthen the family unit
- Monitor progress of youth & family in conjunction with clinician
- Provide skills training and demonstrate application of such to youth & family
- Identify and utilize community resources with youth & family
- Complete documentation according to schedule established by the clinic; remain compliant with documentation of visits
- Adhere to company policies, codes of conduct, administrative directives, and therapy guidelines, codes of conduct and all office and administrative procedures
- Meet direct service requirements based on part time or full time status, as designated
- Keep clinician and/or supervisor informed of progress on all cases
- Adhere to recommendations from clinician and/or supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality in all clinical matters
- Complete state mandated trainings/certificates; Participate in trainings as mandated
- Responsible for transporting persons served, as necessary
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED and a minimum of (2) years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; or Associate's degree in a human service field from an accredited school and (1) year of experience working with the target population; or Bachelor's degree in a human service field from an accredited university and (1) year experience working with target population. Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license. PC literacy and experience with MS Office Applications
Why Join Us?
- Sign on bonus!
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
Come join our amazing team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is becoming Sevita. Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website