REM Iowa, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges.
Do you have experience in Maintenance and want to work for a company that positively impacts the lives of the many individuals it serves? In the Maintenance Associate role, you will help this company in its commitment to serve others by maintaining the physical facilities and grounds to ensure a safe, attractive, and enjoyable living environment for the individuals receiving services. Supporting community based residential homes and day programs in Hiawatha/Cedar Rapids/Marion, Marshalltown, Vinton, Waterloo/Cedar Falls and Mason City.
- Maintain an ongoing preventative maintenance program
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment Inspect and repair all damages to hallways, walls, ceilings, floors, roofs, and rooms
- Paint and refinish building surfaces
- Order necessary maintenance supplies and provide maintenance to all tools and equipment
- Monitor and assist in basic maintenance of facility vehicles
- Maintain operational records and data; monitor and enforce the observance of safety regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Working knowledge of and ability to handle all maintenance and electrical equipment
- Current contractor license as required by the state
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As-Needed schedules available
- Paid Time Off and Health benefits to employees working a minimum of 30 hours/week
- Paid training and holiday pay
- Career development and advancement opportunities across a nationwide network
- Work with some of the best co-workers you could ask for and see your impact on the lives of those individuals we serve
- Since our funding comes from Federal and State payers, we offer stability and secure work opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website