Ohio MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for Therapeutic Foster Care and Family Support Services.
Do you have experience in human services and want to work for a company that actively improves the lives of the individuals it serves?
In the Therapist role, you will provide intensive in-home therapy to children in foster care.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for client records.
- Provide therapy, family support, and crisis interventions to an individual, family and/or group using various treatment modalities as outlined in state/local contracts and/or state licensing standards.
- Provide mental health consultation to stakeholders and treatment team members.
- Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with an interdisciplinary team
- Work with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
- Develop and coordinate discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans.
- Conduct educational groups for clients, families and foster parents.
- Prepare and train the child's biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
- Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with the person served and caretaker to monitor progress and discuss treatment strategies and services.
- Maintain current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client's chart.
- Attend regular staff meetings, clinical meetings and one-on-one sessions with direct supervisor to process current status of cases.
- LSW or LPC required
- Master's Degree in human services field required
- Experience preferred or as required by state
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
- A good listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package after 30 hrs/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website