Ohio MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for Therapeutic Foster Care and Family Support Services.
OUR MISSION AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company's mission.SUMMARY The Mental Health Professional provides an eco-systemic structural family therapy to individuals and direct families to aid a client in challenges of living with the goal of increasing an individual's sense of own well-being. Employs a range of techniques based on experiential relationship building, dialogue, communication and case management that is designed to improve the mental health of a client or patient, and family. Self-regulation, attachment, executive skills, and the co-caregiver alliance are targeted areas of change based on the model of therapy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below:
- Provides individual, and family therapies using various treatment modalities
- Conducts twice a week scheduled face-to-face meetings with client and caretakers to discuss treatment strategies and services
- Conducts psychosocial assessments, genograms, ecomaps, crisis safety plans, and critical event timelines
- Prepares and trains the child's biological or legal parents to provide care for their child to prevent the possibility of out of home placement
- Instructs family to participate in activities and new behaviors
- Maintains client's chart record
- Updates client documentations
- Organizes and completes records
- Works with a partner Mental Health Worker (MHW) to provide the co-therapy dynamic based on the model of therapy
- Attends required trainings and meetings
- Participates in the 24 hour/7 day a week on call schedule. Responds to calls in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job:
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in human services field
- 2 years of experience in a CASSP system program
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Certification and/or Licensure as applicable by state
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Travel as needed
- Medium Work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case by case basis via the interactive process.
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website