Primary Location: United States-MO-MOIndependence
Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Looking to take your Caregiving experience to the next career step? The Program Supervisor role is a great way to gain supervisory experience while still being connected to those we serve.
Take your human services career to the next level! If you are a natural leader looking for a longer-term management track in Human Services, we want to hear from you for this Program Supervisor opportunity.
Essential Job Functions:
Direct Support: Work regularly scheduled shifts as a Direct Support Professional (DSP/Caregiver)
- Records: Document as required; review individual records, billing and other program documentation routinely for accuracy and completion on a daily basis; maintain confidentiality of individual and employee data; direct DSPs to assure accurate and complete records.
- Program Planning: Assist the Program Director in development of individual program plans; train and monitor implementation of plans each day across all shifts.
- Team Meetings: Attend and assist with routine progress meetings.
- Compliance: Maintain licensing compliance for program services and supports; implement Network compliance plan; manage individual rights implementation.
- Management of Individuals’ Assets: When assigned, ensure safety of individual’s funds and property; monitor spending and reconcile individual’s financial accounts monthly.
- Incidents: Complete or assist DSPs in documenting incident reports; submit initial incident reports to the Program Director.
- Billing and Utilization: Compile or accumulate census or attendance information; review data and attest to accuracy; submit accurate data to the Program Director or appropriate billing authority.
- General Health Care: Monitor health of persons being served; document; communicate with medical professionals as appropriate; implement preventive strategies to limit illness and serious incidents; review and monitor documentation across all shifts.
- Appointments: When applicable, schedule or assist in scheduling health care appointments; may accompany individuals to appointments; may assist with communication; document visits; oversee follow through of orders; communicate results as appropriate with families, guardians, case managers, day programs or others.
- Medications: When applicable, accurately administer and document delivery of medications and treatments; review all other medication documentation for accuracy and completeness, daily or weekly as required; review medication errors with employees; communicate medication changes and provide training across all shifts; maintain appropriate security of medications and supplies.
- Medical Supplies and Equipment: Purchase and maintain medical supplies and equipment in consultation with Program Director; communicate with employees and may assist with training on proper use.
- Dietary planning: With the exception of some in-home services, purchase or oversee purchasing of food and supplies in accordance with planned menus and individual choice; direct and monitor food service, consistent with individual plans.
- Communications: Maintain productive and professional relations with individuals, families, case managers and other stakeholders.
- Customer Service: Implement Network Customer Service Standards; train DSPs in delivery.
- Supervision: In partnership with Program Director, supervise all DSPs in assigned program.
- Recruitment and Hiring:Assist with recruitment; interview and hire Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) with agreement of the Program Director.
- Employee Scheduling: Populate and maintain schedule to ensure that all shifts are covered and overtime is minimized.
- Training: Assist with onboarding and deliver Orientation and ongoing training needs regarding the individuals served, program plans, policies, procedures and physical environment.
- Evaluation: Prepare and conduct annual evaluations for Direct Support Professionals, in consultation with the Program Director.
- Discipline and Termination: Coach employees as needed, correcting or directing employee behavior where required; may remove employees in the event of emergency; may recommend and participate in decisions regarding termination; consult with the Program Director on all matters of discipline.
- Employee Safety: Responsible for employee safety and workers’ compensation within the program; implement and monitor compliance with safety standards.
- Management: May assist with or lead monthly program meetings for DSPs; document monthly meeting agenda and attendance.
- Purchasing: When applicable, purchase food and household supplies; purchase office supplies and minor equipment; review and authorize company credit card statements and monthly invoices; direct employees as necessary; monitor to confirm cost effective, accurate and applicable spending is in place.
- Billing and utilization: Review census, attendance information or other required documentation to ensure accurate billing; monitor utilization between authorization and provision of services and supports.
- Staffing: Monitor staffing hours for budgetary compliance.
- Vehicles: When applicable, test drive vehicle(s) monthly; inspect vehicle lifts and seatbelts monthly; report safety concerns immediately to supervisor or maintenance personnel; ensure vehicle is washed and cleaned; train staff in safe vehicle operation and safely transporting individuals; ensure routine maintenance is performed.
- Living Environment: When applicable, schedule and monitor daily and seasonal housekeeping; monitor and implement strategies to assure neat, clean and safe environment; assist with age appropriate and decor; oversee lawn and yard care.
- Maintenance and Repair: When applicable, make or arrange for minor repairs; schedule repairs by maintenance personnel as required; monitor environmental safety; monitor water temperature, refrigerator and freezer temperature, and safety alarms and extinguishers on a monthly basis; replace furnace filters monthly.
- Equipment: Monitor wheel chairs, lifts and other safety equipment; see that repairs are made promptly and correctly in the event of faulty equipment
Apply on company website