Sr. Analyst, Internal Controls
Primary Location: United States-MA-MABoston
The Mentor Network is seeking a Sr. Financial Internal Controls Analyst to assist and provide support to the Corporate Internal Controls team in maintaining and monitoring the company’s compliance efforts in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requirements. The Sr. Analyst will perform documentation updates, SOX testing, facilitate the remediation of control gaps, coordinate with internal/external auditors and business partners, and escalate potential significant deficiencies as necessary, as well as assist in the identification of areas for potential improvement for key processes and implement process improvements. The Sr. Financial Internal Controls Analyst will also coordinate with various business owners on testing, remediation, implementation, and compliance with activity and entity level controls. Also, provides support in the company’s continuous efforts to monitor the company’s internal control environment.
- Partners with process owners to evaluate and document key financial processes and systems and related financial statement risks,
- Including review and update of process narratives, conducting walkthroughs, preparing test plans, and conducting controls testing
- Collaborates with business partners to propose process improvements that will strengthen the internal control environment while having a positive impact on the business
- Assists with assessment of internal control design to identify any design gaps and provides guidance with implementation of new or revised controls
- Presents testing findings and recommendations to management in a clear, concise manner, presenting information appropriate to the level of management.
- Influences management to affect positive change.
- Works with business partners to develop remediation plans and assist in remediation testing
- Partners with IT to ensure that system implementations, enhancements and changes are made in compliance with SOX requirements
- Prepares clear, accurate and complete work papers in accordance with audit quality standards;
- Meets project timelines and deliverable due dates
- Assists with the development and implementation of training for business partners pertaining to SOX processes and procedures
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and responds to requests or reported issues in a timely manner
- Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, as necessary, sharing information, and accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Stays abreast of changes in regulations to ensure the organization’s timely compliance
Apply on company website