Primary Location: United States-SC-SCConway
Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
TAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH FAMILIES AND CHILDREN IN THERAPEUTIC SERVICES TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support South Carolina Mentor- individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. Description SC Mentor is seeking a Therapist to provide psychotherapy to individuals to aid a client or consumer in problems of living with the goal of increasing an individual’s sense of their own well-being.
Therapists employ a range of techniques based on experiential relationship building, dialogue, communication and behavior change that is designed to improve the mental health of a client or patient, or to improve group relationships (such as in a family).
What we ask of you:
· Conducts psycho-social assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for client records.
· Provides individual, family and/or group therapies using various treatment modalities.
· Develops individualized treatment plans in coordination with interdisciplinary team to include but may not be limited to: The Department of Children and Families, District Family Safety/Community Based Care Provider, Juvenile Justice Counselor (if applicable), and child targeted case manager (if one is assigned)
· Works with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
· Develops and coordinates discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans. Accesses community resources that would be beneficial to client aftercare needs.
· Conducts educational groups for clients, families and foster parents. Provides documentation of foster parent educational in-services to adhere to foster parent licensing standards, assuring that the skills needed for treatment plan in the home environment are learned.
· Prepares and trains the child’s biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
· Maintains current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client’s chart. Assures that all required client documentation is in their chart, including any foster parent and/or outside agency documentation pertaining to the client.
Apply on company website