The Miner Corporation is seeking to hire a full-time Commercial Dock & Door Service Technician to join our team and meet the demands of our growing business.
Preferred are candidates that have previous working experience with repair, servicing, inspection, diagnosing, maintaining and maintenance of warehouse, industrial and/or commercial doors; loading docks; levelers; and other related warehouse equipment.
- Miner Corp Service Professionals are capable of being hands-on and digging into the details of a job to understand our customers' needs.
- Initially, the Service Professional will be able to assess, diagnose and troubleshoot a variety of different warehouse equipment, mechanisms, mechanical systems and electrical circuits. Once this is done, they will do service, maintenance, repair and installation. The type of equipment may include the following: Commercial doors (i.e. high-speed, overhead, etc.); Loading docks (i.e. levelers, bumpers, seals, etc.); and general warehouse equipment (i.e. bailers, compactors, pallet racking, etc.).
- Manage the work orders (paper and digital) for each job in a timely manner.
- For each job, perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe work practices and quality control.
- Have the commitment and behavior to follow all company and OSHA safety rules and guidelines, all while working in a responsible manner. This includes avoiding injuries and damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean-up of work area debris.
- Be responsible for a company issued vehicle. This includes: Operating in a safe manner; Maintaining a clean driving record and; Obeying traffic laws and regulations. Also, ensure the company vehicle is satisfactorily maintained, serviced and in working order.
- Completes all necessary company training in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the repair and maintenance of: Warehouse and commercial doors; Loading docks; Dock-leveler's; and other related warehouse equipment.
- Experience in welding, steel fabrication and electrical. Also, a working background in Mechanical, Commercial, and Industrial Maintenance. Experience with Hydraulics and Pneumatics is helpful.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, technology driven, service environment.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work, as well as company policies.
- Able to work independently, but in a team environment.
- Able to manage time effectively, as well as complete service reports, time-cards and parts ordering.
- Communicate well with customers, vendors, company peers and management, etc.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, but not limited to the use of Apple iPads.
- Technical school training and OEM certification a plus. Examples of training would include: AAADM; Rytec; Entrematic; etc.
- Strong work history and positive references from former employers.
- Must have a valid A, B or C Driver's License with a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driving record acceptable to insurance carrier.
- Must be able to pass a standard Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time (sitting or standing).
- Needs to move about a customer job-site to access equipment.
- Constantly operates machinery such as: Cell phone; Cordless tools; Hand tools; and other like tools.
- Occasionally will operate forklifts, lift-trucks and scissor-lifts.
- Will frequently ascend and descend on a ladder and other lift equipment to install, troubleshoot and repair customer equipment. Must be able to climb to heights of 24 feet on an extension ladder. This physical demand requires using both hands and feet.
- Constantly positions self to install, troubleshoot and repair customer equipment. Some of these positions may include: stooping; kneeling; crouching; squatting; bending; and/or crawling.
- Frequently communicates by phone, email, text or in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Must be able to detect, inspect and reasonably assess when installing, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment.
- Will frequently will move and transport equipment and tools up to 75 pounds to and from company vehicle and around customer job-sites.
- Will constantly work in outdoor weather conditions or inside a customer job-site where safety equipment must be worn.
- Ability to adapt to different indoor and outdoor temperatures and environments.
Compensation and Benefits
At Miner we believe Our People are what make us great and so we take great care of Our People! Miner has an industry leading Compensation and Benefits program to include:
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage – These benefits start on Day One of employment.
Competitive Salary and Quarterly Bonus Program
Training and Continuing Education Program
Company provided Cell Phone and iPad
Company Truck, Select Specialty Tools and Equipment
Boot Allowance and Uniforms
Company Paid Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Miner Corporation considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website