Miner Limited is an industry leading, dock & door service and equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across the country. Miner is part of the OnPoint Group, awarded the “Best Managed Company” for 2020 by Deloitte and named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the 7th consecutive year.
Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and material management operations, saving customers revenue and time by understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing faster systems' repairs, and delivering expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment analysis and proactive preventative maintenance solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave their customers more time to focus on their core business – not on the business of maintenance and material management.
The Field Forklift Service Technician will be responsible for inspecting, servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing various Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
At Miner Ltd. we believe that our people are what makes us great and helps us deliver exceptional customer service. We offer industry leading benefits to include:
Full benefits package that starts day one! This includes medical, dental, and vision insurance
401K, company-paid life insurance and disability coverage
Uniform and boot allowance
Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
Training and mentoring – Learn from our experts in the industry
*The benefits listed are subject to change at any time. Please speak with an HR Representative for details. In the case of conflict between the information listed and the official plan documents, the plan documents will always govern.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair MHE including, but not limited to: Liquid Propane, Gas and Diesel engines, Transmissions, Hydraulic Systems, Steering Systems, Electrical Systems, and Brakes.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications.
- Provide Information and recommend services to the Sales team.
- Manage work orders (paper and digital) for each job in a timely manner.
- Perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe work practices and quality control.
- Follow company and OSHA safety rules and guidelines. Avoid injuries and damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean-up of work area debris.
- Completes all necessary company training in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- A score card that reflects performance in areas such as safety, completion time for projects, customer satisfaction, and issue resolution.
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in repair and maintenance of: Electrical, Diesel and Internal Combustion Forklifts; Aerial Lifts; Lift Trucks; and other related material handling equipment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, technology driven, service environment.
- Possess strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbal and written, with management and customers.
- Able to manage time effectively, as well as complete service reports, timecards and parts ordering.
- Must have schedule flexibility, as services may be performed during evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have a valid A, B or C Driver's License with a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driving record acceptable to insurance carrier.
- Must be able to pass a standard Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), carry tools, use hands to maneuver, handle or feel, and hear and talk. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move tools and equipment up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees may work with co-workers' side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
The Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website