The Montebello on Academy is a beautiful community in Albuquerque, NM, with more than 200 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team!
- Assist the Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating, and managing the nursing department, being jointly responsible for the overall direction and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents.
- Support and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Participates in the implementation of the resident assessment and care planning process to comply with resident care needs and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable Medicare, managed care, and state Medicaid regulations, reimbursement systems and methodologies.
- Make frequent rounds on nursing units, on all shifts, to assess performance of nursing staff and monitor the quality of care provided.
- Participate in internal audits of nursing practice.
- Participate in the quality improvement process and activities
- Implement infection control/prevention guidelines as outlined in company program and ensures that all nursing staff are educated, utilizing infection control practices that protect staff, residents and families.
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed to provide quality care to residents.
- Participate in orientation and education programs for nursing service personnel and ensures that all personnel can demonstrate the abilities required to function appropriately in their positions.
- Ensure the provision of in-service/staff development programs that contribute to meeting nursing department objectives/standards.
- Provide clinical expertise to facilitate and support the nursing process in resident interventions/care provided.
- Ensure a safe and sanitary environment for residents, employees and visitors.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, LRN degree
- Candidates must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN
- Current CPR certificate required
- Additional certification in nursing specialty of geriatrics is desirable
- It is important that the ADON's knowledge of State and Federal rules and regulations governing a skilled nursing facility is strong
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to function independently, have personal integrity, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies
- Strong communication skills to successfully communicate with all co-workers, staff, residents and families on an ongoing basis
DaytimeOur Core Values
• We Put People First
• We Act With Integrity
• We Mind the Business
• We Listen, Then Act Decisively
• We Work to be Our Best
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website