The Procurement Manager will lead and manage Procurement of significant sub-categories of spend for The Nature's Bounty Company by developing solid working partnership with stakeholders to optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and ongoing Supplier Management while meeting quality and service level requirements for the assigned area of responsibility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limted to:
- Preparing and executing Category Strategies, negotiating and developing contract pricing, terms and conditions and other relevant sourcing related documentation. These strategies and tactics should enable the identification, negotiation and implementation of agreements with suppliers to ensure the greatest overall value.
- Works within business team to identify and implement initiatives to achieve substantial cost savings and improvements in quality, delivery, etc. to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Supports Sr. Director/VP by ensuring proper escalation of any significant issues/ opportunities.
- Manages spend that could range from $10 >$100 million with up to 25 suppliers and moderate complexity.
- Develops and implements Category Strategies and yearly sourcing plan for Procurement of areas of spend for The Nature's Bounty Company. Tasked with supplying goods that meet or exceed customer expectations while delivering productivity of 3-5% annually.
- Develops and manage continuous improvement pipeline to deliver significant year over year productivity.
- Executes market research in various areas, resulting in robust Category Strategies.
- Keeps abreast of market conditions and maintain an agile mindset to flex resources and external capacity as needed to meet changing business needs.
- Ensures optimized sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and commercialization while meeting quality and service level requirements for their spend area. This results in ensuring negotiation and implementation of global, regional and local agreements with suppliers to deliver the greatest overall value.
- Monitors supplier performance on an ongoing basis and develops improvement plans as required.
- Liaises with various commercial teams to ensure two way dialogue and understanding of The Nature's Bounty Co.'s needs as well as industry trends and opportunities in their area of expertise.
- Supports new product, new technology or new initiative launches as applicable.
- For Direct Spend areas, ensures that Oracle Costs Accounting Systems, standard costs and PPV are properly documented and managed.
- Has a broad background in Procurement supporting manufacturing/commercial/corporate functions in various operating models.
- Work and communicate effectively at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Hands-on management experience in developing and implementing new suppliers and business solutions.
- Has subject matter expertise in specific category supported (2+ years).
- Experience in implementing change management.
- 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience in both procurement and subject matter area supported preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business, Engineering or Food Science.
- MBA desirable, but not required.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work within ambiguity with the need to create the appropriate level of process and procedure.
- Ability to contribute to teams resolving complex problems.
- Developed project management skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proven analytical skills (e.g. data analysis, business processes).
- Ability to act in a customer-service oriented capacity with stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Apply on company website