Sr. Software Developer (Job ID #40828)
The Nielsen Company (US), LLC (Richardson, TX)
The Nielsen Company (US), LLC seeks Sr. Software Developer (Richardson, TX):
Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing, documenting and supporting highly complex application software: Determine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise to the development team. Investigate and analyze verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications. Perform data analysis on reference data and apply software design principles to satisfy application requirements. Develop highly complex software code, which is deployable, maintainable, and easy to use. Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified. Create working prototypes. Create, build and deploy process scripts. Work closely with architects and product owners to design, implement and deliver reusable system solutions. Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project plan is on track by advising on risks and quality. Drive architecture and design for complex software solutions, models and products. Drive alignment and coordination across teams and engage with business owners and product managers. Implement best practices across a team of developers and testers. Perform technical reviews of applications and peers' work. Develop proposals for improvements and system optimizations. Oversee (without supervisory authority) 2-5 junior offshore developers and testers, who construct, test, install, and maintain software applications, including assigning, delegating, reviewing work, and mentoring. Provide project updates to management. Involves domestic travel, up to 4 times/year, for 3 to 5 days/trip.
Tools used: Scala, Java, NodeJS, Spark framework, Python, SQL Server, JBOSS SOA, AWS stack (Lambda, Data Pipeline, EC2, EMR, Kinesis, S3, SNS, Kibana, Cloud Formation), Eclipse, Web Services, Bitbucket and SVN.
For this role, we are looking for individuals that have:
Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with a technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) plus 3 years of experience in software development (would also accept a bachelor's degree plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience).
This must include 1 year of experience in:
- design and development of software systems using Scala and Java languages, including knowledge of best practices for such development;
- developing software systems using cloud platforms such as Cloudera or AWS.
This must also include any level of experience in and/or knowledge of:
- use of master data management principles; use of software design and testing principles;
- analysis of product reference data such as common error patterns;
- development of data warehousing applications on databases such as SQL Server;
- building data models using Spark and Spring frameworks;
- Web Services;
- software development tools for version control and continuous integration including Jenkins, Bitbucket and SVN;
- use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems;
- and working as a member of a team.
Must be willing to travel domestically up to 4 times/year, for 3 to 5 days/trip.
Apply on company website