The Talbot on Granby is a beautiful community in Norfolk, VA, with more than 110 units offering independent living.
At this time, we are seeking a Dishwasher to join our team! Starting wages $12 an hour.
$1000 Sign on Bonus for the right candidate!
- Washes and inspects all dishware and glassware.
- Stores clean utensils, dishes and glassware in proper places.
- Keeps dish washing machine and dish room in clean operating condition.
- Promptly reports any malfunctions or breakdowns of equipment to Food Service Manager Sweeps and mops kitchen area and waitstaff station and cleans filter over stove area.
- Delivers ice to dining room. May assist waitstaff with serving and bringing in dishes to kitchen, when necessary. May deliver meals to residents in their apartments, when necessary.
- Performs assigned cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Ensures that dishes are readily available for the next meal.
- Stores dishes in the proper location in a way to prevent contamination
- Ability to communicate effectively to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Able to read schedules, menus and position related instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment, work flexible shifts and communicate effectively with coworkers.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism.
- The following equipment is used, including, but not limited to, dishwasher, mop sponge, dish scrubber and cleaning chemicals.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.EEOC Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website