Discovery is at the centre of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores. We are part of the TJX Family which includes TK Maxx, and Homesense in Europe and the UK and across the rest of the world you will find us as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Winners.With variety comes plenty of surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Are you ready to Discover Different?
To manage the delivery and implementation of GS&P category strategies across IT at TJX Europe. Through collaboration with the business and vendors alike, the Category Manager will ensure that the needs of the business are fully met through the implementation of optimal sourcing solutions.
The role will require the use of a variety of tools and techniques including, but not limited to, cost based pricing, cost targeting, total cost of ownership, demand management, supplier relationship management, trend analysis, process improvement and consortia buying to create competitive cost advantage. The IT Category Manager will ensure that the needs of the business and variables such as future growth and expansion across Europe, legislation, currency and commodity fluctuations are fully understood.
This role is based in Watford with travel throughout Europe and USA.Key Responsibilities
Global Strategic Sourcing
- Executes global, international and national category plans via tools embedded in the strategic sourcing methodology and in collaboration with internal business partners
- Embraces regional international and cross-functional multi-cultural teams in the execution of the strategic sourcing process and the implementation of the strategy
- Develops and evolves product or service requirements across all TJX's brands and geographies
- Maximises opportunities to leverage multi-divisional requirements to create larger pools of sourcing to increase savings to TJXE
- Prepares a regional negotiation plan and executes accordingly involving TJX legal as necessary.
- Pro-actively uses state-of-the-art automated sourcing processes including but not limited to auctions, RFX's, and relationship management systems
Regional Vendor Management
- Manages the commercial element of supplier relationships
- Understands tradeoffs of risk, quality, and cost, and be able to manage each area through supplier management, contracting, and negotiations
- Maintains fair, courteous and productive relationships with all TJX international strategic vendors and reinforces TJXE's positive brand image within the vendor community
- Looks to identify or develop and incorporate innovative products, services, approaches such as off-shoring, out-sourcing, consortia development, best country sourcing to support TJXE low-cost producer strategy
- Ensure that appropriate contractual terms are implemented ensuring that the agreed terms are carried out in practice
- Prepares IT category reports for their Manager and the GSPLT
- Raises market innovation for the IT category and brings applicable ideas to the business for testing, cost modelling and performance measurement
People Management and Leadership
- Supports the optimization of TJXE £800 million indirect spend
- On a category basis, undertakes annual sourcing initiatives delivering between £1 and £2 million in yearly savings.
- Responsible and impacts up to £50 million (2019 spend) in IT spend in Europe but may also be involved in influencing global IT spend of £441 million (2019 spend)
- Manages key strategic and day to day operational regional supplier relationships by actively planning and delivering on action items through the management of regional and national account executives
- Actively represents TJX within the global supplier community and the business world at large
- Vendor management and the harvesting of innovation from our vendor community is an integral part of the job description.
- Recommends category initiative within portfolio of spend (10 to 20 initiatives per year)
- Decides on negotiation plan and executes accordingly
- Recommendation for final vendor selection
- Educated to degree level; membership of CIPS desirable
- Experience in off shoring and outsourcing
- Expertise in global strategic category sourcing
- Multi-country negotiations and contracts
- Experience/track record in managing multinational business partners
- IT category experience and knowledge
- GEP/Oracle or similar e-sourcing/P2P experience/knowledge
- Strong business and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship development skills
- Strong training & development skills
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint is a must
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website