The Dock Assistant is responsible for putting the finished print media products into the hands of our carriers. This role is essential in our circulation department, so if you are fast moving and pay attention to details we would love to talk to you.
Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Receiving newspapers each publication day from The Union Packaging Department and from other newspaper companies that The Union is contracted to deliver.
- Review daily newspaper delivery manifests and truck loading documents and prepare distribution of newspapers to independent contractors in the appropriate order that is designated by newspaper management..
- Oversee dock operation as independent contractors pick up newspaper products assigned to their “Area of Primary Responsibility” (APR).
- Maintain the dock as a safe work area.
- Work on the dock, loading newspaper bundles into company trucks. Transport bundles to independent contract locations when necessary.
- Accept, count and record single copy returns, verifying information to assure single copy accountability.
- Distribute mail to single copy contractors.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all single copy equipment, forms, etc.
- Assist Home delivery Managers in the daily distribution of newspapers to contractors during early A.M. loading dock
operations as needed.
- Must be able to work assigned shift hours – 12am to 4am.
- Assist in single copy or home delivery operations.
- Collect from dealer accounts week/monthly if needed.
- Distributes promotional material to racks and dealers as needed.
- Prepare print and deliver products as needed.
- Prepares and completes reports as necessary.
- Deliveries newspapers to locations on open routes in a timely manner.
- Assist and provide back up in other areas of circulation when needed.
- Performs special projects or other related work as required or requested.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and write English and perform math functions, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division at a level typically acquired through graduation from high school or equivalent work experience.
- Must have mechanical ability and basic knowledge of computer systems.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website