Company: The Westin Annapolis
Location: Annapolis, MD
Career Level: Associate
- Must communicate well with guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with associates and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to sit and continuously perform essential job functions in confined spaces in close proximity to other associates with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Promptly answer telephone calls, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct extension. Reading and using a moderately complex computer console, direct calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested. Read and verbally recite exact messages for guests.
- Receive wake up call information, input cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time to guest.
- Page guests and patrons using the public address system in a courteous and clear manner.
- Act as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations associates. Provide timely information via paging system and two way radios to associates in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
- Briefly answer basic inquiries, time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
- Remain calm and polite especially during emergency situations or heavy hotel activity. Resolve complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website