Company: The Westin Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, CA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
- College degree or courses will be considered helpful, engineering related preferred.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience at a comparable location.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking, climbing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling, writing, at times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to extreme hot and cold temperatures with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Assume control of the Engineering Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
- Understand all building related systems and equipment – Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, HVACandR, Kitchen, Laundry, Pool, etc.
- Follow company preventative maintenance procedures and guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds, landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
- Maintain engineering related check book accounting procedures to ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Effectively supervise, train, and assign tasks to and follow-up with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Understand the engineering records and filing system to support RandM Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety Systems and Inspections, etc.
- Monitor and maintain all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean, organized, energy efficient manner.
- Tour hotel complex daily identifying items requiring engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
- Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items, trains all managers in these areas.
- Understand all Brands related issues and procedures; as well as all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
- Basic understanding of elementary accounting procedures.
- Basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong leader through-out hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Apply on company website