The Westshore Grand, a Tribute
Supports the Housekeeping Department by providing adequate and clean supplies of rooms linen/terry, Food and Beverage linen, and associate uniforms through the optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient supervision of operating supplies and chemicals, and proper maintenance of all laundry equipment.
- Previous supervisor experience required.
- Hotel laundry experience preferred.
- High School diploma required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to resolve supervisor and associate conflicts.
- Working knowledge of chemical use and different formulas and effect on linen.
- Able to troubleshoot when equipment problems arise and do minor equipment repairs involving pushing, pulling or lifting heavy loads up to 75 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled racks and carts weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Ensure hotel and corporate administrative requirements and deadlines are met through proper completion of production reports, budgeting, inventorying of uniforms and hotel linen as well as recordkeeping of guest laundry and dry cleaning.
- Monitor work flow of laundry to ensure that the hotel guests' and associates' needs are met.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members.
- Operate or have a good understanding of equipment necessary to sort, weigh, wash, dry, iron, fold and package guest laundry and dry cleaning, associate clothing and uniforms, and hotel linen.
- Schedule labor to flex with forecasted hotel occupancy, Food and Beverage activity, and group events.
- Conduct periodic inventory of supplies and linen as required.
- Ensure equipment is in working order and is operated and maintained according to the manufacturer's specifications and HEI's preventative maintenance schedule.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Ensure compliance of laundry standard operating procedures and policies.
- May be required to work any of the positions in the laundry department.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website