Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Senior Account Manager - Analytical Science
Territory: North West (Manchester Liverpool, Preston, Lancaster, Bolton, Blackburn, Bradford and Huddersfield)
How will you make an impact?
The Account Manager (AM) is a key commercial role within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This is an Account focused role with the primary responsibility for selling and supporting all CMD products. The Account Manager role maintains effective and long-lasting customer relationships, develops opportunities for strategic growth of the account and works collaboratively and effectively to bring world class support and customer experience, making it easier for our customers to do business with Thermo Fisher Scientific. The AM is the primary point of contact and provides sales expertise, guidance and help driving all CMD commercial activities within the account.
Major end market focus areas include: Pharma QA/QC, Environmental, Industrial, Food Safety and Healthcare.
What will you do?
- Identifies and prioritizes new client opportunities and develops solution implementation and growth strategies.
- Manages and nurtures account relationships to drive expansion and renewals across the full CMD portfolio (analytical instruments, consumables, services); provides product assistance, consultation, and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Identifies, documents and confirms the best technology choice to meet the customer needs. Collaboratively review application needs and Thermo Fisher Scientific deliverables with internal resources, specialists and customer to increase number of “first time right installations” post-sale.
- Provides quotation, negotiates contracts and closes orders with end users as well as purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Utilizes data and metrics to develop and report on account development strategies and tactics
- Be responsive to customers' needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships.
- Conducts product evaluations demonstrating the value of our products
- Expands current account penetration and share of wallet. Grows organically, broader and deeper with all primary products. Leverages cross-sell motions and activities
- Manages direction for the territory; Develops sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; maintains pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed all sales objectives
- Leverages internal and external resources to meet customer needs
- Uses Thermo Fisher Scientific's sales tools to effectively manage the accounts, opportunities, pipelines and forecast in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains awareness of competitor and industry activity. Introduces new products and services as available
- Leads collaboration and coordination with (technical) sales/ field applications / lab applications/ and Unity Lab Services (as well as any other internal partner) to provide technical expertise
- Attends and runs technical business presentations, and when required, trade shows, user meetings and other customer events.
- Exchanges of account information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Works expertly in a team selling environment engaging the best internal company resources to solve customer challenges
How will you get here?
- Proven track record of sales experience in a scientific environment.
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences or equivalent work experience ideally degree.
- Strong market knowledge and professional network.
- Experience in conducting seminars and presentations.
- Commercial mindset, strongly motivated by desire to win new business, with proven relentless pursuit of opportunities
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English and other languages as need in the assigned region
- Proven commercial excellence working in matrix environment
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, CRM
- Ability to explain and sell the technical aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific's scientific product portfolio
- Ability to travel to customer locations up to 80% including overnight travel
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in an innovative and international working environment.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 184881BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Amy Beadle on 0204 5400609.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website