The position is a key role to lead local entity Accounting/Control activities for Electron Microscopy (EM) Business in FEI Company Taiwan Branch, a group company of Thermo Fisher Scientific. As an Accounting Supervisor the position will closely work with business leaders in Taiwan as well as regional/global counterparts for assigned business divisions and contributes to the business divisions' performance improvement by providing accurate financial reporting and control environment.
- Manages accounting functions: A/P, Cash, General Accounting, Payroll, Commission, Tax.
- Implement and maintain controls that are in adherence with SOX and US GAAP.
- Review and support Sales Order structure.
- Mange (and improve) the month-end and quarter-end close and reporting process: prepare timely, accurate and complete monthly and quarterly financial accounts to fulfill local and corporate reporting requirements.
- Review and prepare account reconciliations and journal entries and ensure accounting activities are well supported, documented and audit ready.
- Maintain full ownership of the general ledger to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Manage property, sales and corporate tax compliance and relationship with corporate parent.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve internal processes to ensure that the changing business dynamics are met. This could involve participating and/or leading meetings with business partners and being able to develop action plans.
- Completes other projects and ad hoc analyses as needed by the Finance Manager
- Prepare financial analysis and reviews, including year over year variances, actual to budget/forecast variances, quarterly balance sheet reviews, and investigating and explaining trends in data.
- Manage, coach and develop the accounting team to enable professional and technical growth
- Manage internal and external audits
- Ability to work with all departments to assist in the preparation of their annual budgets, tracking of the budgets throughout the year, and ability to upload budgets from our local system to a divisional template / system
- Develop, monitor, and deploy revenue and EBITA contingencies to ensure business unit financial commitments are met
- Requires expertise and proficiency in application of US GAAP policies, and local company policies (CPA not required, but is a strong plus).
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization in multi-national companies
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and has change management experience
- A self-starter with highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to influence activities of peers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent knowledge
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Accounting.
- Expert level Excel skills including use of Pivot tables, V-Lookups and sumifs
- Thorough understanding in financial accounting
- Strong command in English
- Hands-on experience in ERP (SAP/Oracle), HFM, Essbase, Hyperion
Apply on company website