Job Title: Algorithm Developer, R&D
Requisition ID: 151992BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and provide support in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division: Carlsbad, CA or South San Francisco, CA Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
- You will develop algorithms for molecular diagnostics based on capillary electrophoresis, real-time PCR and other technologies and be a part of the fast-growing field of personalized medicine
- You will interact with and learn from a talented team of software and hardware designers revolutionizing healthcare through low-cost and high throughput diagnostic systems
- Develop signal processing, image analysis, optimization, and machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with Systems and Software Engineers on new technology and instrument development
- Troubleshoot complex problems in existing code, execute systematic testing of algorithms
- Guide Molecular Biologists with thoughtful data interpretation, analysis, and experimental design
- Contribute to product development from feasibility work to commercialization and regulatory approvals
- Present difficult concepts in a clear way to both technical and non-technical audiences
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science, Bioinformatics, or a related field. A Masters' degree and 3+ years of experience in areas below will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in algorithm development for scientific applications is required
- Background in commercial instrument software development is strongly preferred
- Direct experience with signal processing and image analysis for real time PCR, capillary electrophoresis microarray, NGS, or similar instrumentation will make you an outstanding candidate
- Proficiency in C++ or Java development and confident prototyping in Python or MATLAB is required
- Experience in molecular biology, bioinformatics, chemistry, optics, fluorescent dyes, microfluidics, DNA probe design is a plus. Desire to learn all of it is a must
- Direct experience with product development cycles and IVD regulations is a strong plus
- Knowledge in statistics, numerical methods, and optimization, understanding of data analysis principles.
- Effective communication skills, especially for presenting scientific results, keeping records, and working collaboratively in a team of scientists are necessary.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82409034
Apply on company website