When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative salesperson to join our European team to help develop and grow the robust and dynamic Bioproduction market in Switzerland (more about the division: http://www.thermofisher.com/bioproduction). Reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for EMEA Central region, you will be responsible for the sales of our entire Bioproduction portfolio.
Our philosophy is a one of empowerment and accountability where you will be provided with the tools and local support to be successful in providing our Customers the best-in-class solutions in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
We offer great personal development and career opportunities through this highly influential role and via the broad Thermo Fisher commercial organization.
The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge to work independently in most situations.
- Influence the use and evaluation of our Bioproduction products to Industrial Biopharmaceutical and Biotech organizations. These products include GibcoTM Cell Culture and Thermo ScientificTM Single Use Technology brands, PorosTM and Capture SelectTM purification solutions as well as Applied BiosystemsTM pharma analytics solutions.
- The role requires selling at all levels with the technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders all requiring a distinct sales approach with these partners.
- Must have a consultative approach to enable design-in discussions using our open architecture model to build custom solutions.
- Maintain and grow business within existing key accounts as well as having curiosity to seek new relationships in less well known segment areas.
- Manage Key Accounts with key influencers based in the region, some of which may span to other global geographies.
- Together with Sales Manager, build and execute on a Strategic Sales Plan in Switzerland.
- Can use judgement and prioritization to bring in the appropriate resources to drive sales objectives.
- Is comfortable with a hunter-selling environment and effectively collaborates with other teams to ensure we deliver the necessary details to bring new proposals to customers.
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets.
- Work closely with the Field Applications group to ensure the correct support allocation to key evaluations and projects in the region.
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information.
Requirements / Education:
- Several years of selling into the Bioproduction market and or industry related experience.
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the region would be desirable.
- Good basis to develop strong technical skills to discuss and support requirements in the workflows in the field of Cell and Gene Therapy, recombinant Proteins and Monoclonal antibodies within Process Development, Pilot Plants and manufacturing sciences.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key Customers and to interpret Customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the region
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with additional stakeholders who would share joint responsibility for certain product groups.
- Life science degree or equivalent
- Fluent in German and English; fluency in French is an advantage
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73555703
Apply on company website